3. Celebrity Constellation
This was our 5th cruise with Celebrity and we chose this cruise for the itinerary. Unfortunately their standards have dropped dramatically and from the minute you step on board you are constantly bombarded with upgrading your drinks passage, booking speciality dining and booking another cruise. Anything to get your money! Embarkation went smoothly and our balcony stateroom was very clean but definitely the worse for wear. Torn valance sheet, shabby curtains and cracked tiles in shower room. The wear and tear was evident throughout the ship but it is all very clean. The staff never seem to stop cleaning from morning until night and they are always so cheerful and pleasant. The food in the ocean view self service was okay but nothing was ever hot . We used the burger bar once and have to say that it was delicious. The real problem was the main dining room. Oh my goodness it was not good! Beef so tough it was inedible. Our table attendants were superb and so attentive and I did feel embarrassed at continually returning food but I was certainly not the only one. Again the food wasn't hot enough, Overall it was very poor. We didn't go on any of the ship's excursions as they are very overpriced, preferring to do our own thing. I do feel it is wrong that Celebrity are now charging for taking you from the ship into the town - $12 or $15 each depending on length of journey. The entertainment was very good and we went each evening to the theatre then enjoyed listening to whichever group was playing in the lounge. My friend and I had a game of bingo - $31!! Total rip-off! Overall I was disappointed in the cruise. We travelled with friends and had told them that the sai away from Venice would be spectacular with lovely music as the ship sails down the Grand Canal. What did we get? Absolutely nothing. Lots of people remarked on this and had been looking forward to the big sail away. The cruise was not worth the money we paid and I would not recommend Celebrity to anyone. They are certainly not 5*! I think it's time to try another cruise line and, after speaking to others on the ship, I don't think I will be the only one.

A Very Mediocre Cruise