3. Norwegian Spirit
This was my 3rd cruise on NCL and I had a GREAT time! The food was very good, the best I've found on NCL. Even the buffet was good, but not as well organized as on the Pearl. I agree with other recent comments that the food service options on the Spirit in the mid-late afternoon (about the time you are returning from shore excursions) are unfortunately limited. I ate about an equal number of meals in the "free" dining rooms, buffet and room service. I was surprised that there was no "dress up or not" night on this cruise (or did I miss it?), although I'm always part of the "or not" crowd. Also, I noticed that there were no dress code signs at any of the restaurants except for the Windows "designated" dining room. And the sign at Windows only banned shorts and tank tops, not jeans. I saw several gentlemen at dinner in the Garden dining room wearing shorts (cargo, not Bermuda) and in one case topped with a logo'd T-shirt. So, as others have recently noted, it indeed seems that the dress code is "dead" as far as NCL is concerned. Not that this rubs "casual" me the wrong way...I simply note it because it is a topic of frequent discussion. Also, I didn't see any "2-fer-1" deals in the specialty restaurants, as I've typically seen on other NCL cruises after the first week. So I never ate at any of the specialties. :-) Looks like the $20 laundry deal is now $25 and it takes an ADDITIONAL day (returned by 6:00 PM the SECOND day). As with prior NCL cruises, I was pleased to find no traces of smoke in my cabin. But smoke on my balcony was occasionally a problem, especially when the ship was in port or moving very slowly. As a result, I'm now considering Celebrity for future cruises. I really liked my cabin steward. He was friendly and helpful, and this was the first time I left a cash tip of more than just "loose bills/spare change" (in addition to the automatic "service charge," of course). As I said, this was a GREAT cruise and I only note the foregoing issues because they represented a slight departure from my previous experiences on NCL. :-)I was in a category BB balcony, deck 10 forward, port side.Following are brief comments on port stops:New Orleans (embarkation) - Went smoothly enough. I arrived a little before noon and was on board in less than an hour.Costa Maya, Mexico - The port area was simply a dock and shopping plaza. Took the Chacchoben Ruins tour, liked it.Santo Tomas, Guatemala - None of the tours looked interesting, so I just walked around the port area. It was surprising interesting.Belize City, Belize - Took the Altun Ha Ruins tour, liked it. The city itself (outside of the "secure" dock area) was pretty "hard scrabble." Aggressive panhandlers, and their version of "English" was unintelligible to me. Other than the tour, I was not impressed.Curacao, NA - Took the Trolley Tour and then walked around town for a few hours. Liked what I saw. When I previously visited Curacao last year, I took the Discover Curacao tour, but was disappointed for some reason.Bermuda - Took the Bermuda Island bus tour (5 hour). This tour was kind of long, but it covered the entire island and I really liked what I saw!Boston (debarkation) - Things got off to a slow start, but once rolling I got off quickly as part of a tour group. I was concerned about the possibility of additional delay and screening due to flu issues (the ship had stopped in Mexico the prior week) but there was no such problem. They just glanced at passports and didn't even scan them (although foreign passengers - including Canadians as I recall - were screened ON THE SHIP before departure). Took a brief Scenic Boston bus tour that dropped me at the airport, liked it.

New Orleans to Boston Repositioning Cruise

Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by mtwingcpa

This was my 3rd cruise on NCL and I had a GREAT time!
mtwingcpa’s Full Rating Summary