3. Norwegian Pearl
My husband and I (50’s) are enjoying several travel excursions per year. The cruise was exactly what we expected. The entertainment was excellent. The food was average. I wish NCL would do the same reservation policy as most resort vacations, i.e. RIU, Iberostar, Dreams etc. For example, on a 7 days resort stay, you can make 3 reservations in specialty restaurants at no charge. Mohammad was outstanding in being attentive to our stateroom needs (11639). Here are my areas of concern, or maybe disappointments in NCL. The first time people exited the ship in port was Juneau. Getting off of the ship took about 2 hours. We did not have an excursion booked there, so we were polite and let others exit first. We booked an event through an outside vendor for an excursion at the next port. (Of course, you and I both know that cruisers can save a substantial amount of money that way). Our excursion was one hour after our ship arrived at port and, because of the experience the previous day; we were concerned that we would not get off of the ship on time. We stopped at the Courtesy desk and expressed our concern and asked about the procedure for leaving the ship the next day. The staff member asked us if we had booked our excursion through the ship. We said no. He said if we had booked through the ship, they would make sure we got off on time. Here is m y concern. The young man recognized that we were not NCL excursion customer at a value of about $250.00. True. What he failed to recognize, is that WE WERE CLIENTS AND GUESTS ABOARD THE PEARL AT A VALUE about $3000.00. We should not have been treated any differently. His manner was rude and he had no interest in answering our questions because we did not book the excursion through the ship. This caused us to be anxious through the night. The next morning we found the timing was not an issue at all. It would have taken no effort at all for the young man at the desk to assure us not to worry. At dinner the next day, two officers of the ship were stopping at tables and asking for input regarding the cruise. I said that I would like to speak to them about an issue, but I didn’t want to disrupt the dinner of others around us. They took my stateroom number and said they would get back to us. That never happened. I did leave a note with the cruise marketing manager – I actually put it on her desk asking her for a response. I had included our names and stateroom (11639). We did not hear back from her either. It surprises me that NCL spends so much time and money marketing their cruises, but chose not address a concern. The fact that no one got back to us is more of a concern than the initial event. Also, during shopping at the Tax and Duty free store, I picked up two items of cosmetics that were clearly labelled at $41.00 per item. At the register, they rang up for $94. I showed the lady where I had gotten the items and she saw the price marked was $41. She said that was a mistake, the items actually cost $47 per item. She would not sell them for the price on the label. Again, not a huge deal, but I can’t think of any place I have ever been that would not adjust a price when it was mislabeled. Perhaps, this is just a way of doing business for NCL and most shoppers do not notice they are overcharged. I did tell the ship officers in the Summer Palace that evening that our cruise was just as we expected it be. They said thank you and seemed to take this as a compliment. As a small business owner myself, I cringe at the thought that I am only meeting expectations. My goal is ALWAYS to exceed the expectations of my clients. If I am not providing service that exceeds their expectations, I am probably not going to keep them as returning clients. In closing, we will cruise again, but not with NCL. Our next resort vacation is already booked.

Only Fair

Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by mester.fran@gmail.com

• Sail Date: August 2016
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Inside
My husband and I (50’s) are enjoying several travel excursions per year.

The cruise was exactly what we expected.

The entertainment was excellent.

Mohammad was outstanding in being attentive to our stateroom needs (11639).

Here are my areas of concern, or maybe disappointments in NCL.

Here is m y concern.

We should not have been treated any differently.

This caused us to be anxious through the night.

The next morning we found the timing was not an issue at all.

That never happened.

We did not hear back from her either.

than the initial event.

mester.fran@gmail.com’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Pearl price drops

Inside
Cabin IF
It met our needs.
Deck 5 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins

• Yukon Van Tour
    Terrific in every way. There is a lot of different opportunities where the van stops for pictures. We stopped at a sled dog training facility where there is also a taxidermy museum of Smithsonian quality. Plenty of animals in the petting zoo.
    Lunch was fall off of the bone BBQ chicken with cole slaw, bread and homemade donuts. Very well worth every penny. The driver, Tyler, was fun, informative and a great guide.
    View All 126 Yukon Van Tour Reviews