• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Emerald Princess Review

Editor Rating
7 Awards

Bad weather ruined the cruise for me.

Review for Emerald Princess to Norwegian Fjords
Chimenea
2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Aug 2016
Cabin: Mini-Suite with Balcony

We chose this cruise as a treat for my partner who had retired a few days prior to departure. Embarkation was easy and efficient and it was a bonus being able to drop hand luggage to our cabin straightaway. We were in a mini suite which was spacious, well furnished ( the bed is really comfy), bathroom is small but had bath and shower. Large balcony with chairs, foot rests and a table. Adequate storage for clothes and luggage in spite of the fact that I took far too much with me!

We opted for Anytime dining which worked well. Princess have understood that couples prefer to sit at a table for 2 and we never had to share a table. Food was acceptable and service generally good. BUT food in the Horizon buffet was not good. I struggled to find appetising food and that was disappointing. The International Cafe served delicious cookies!

We chose not to book any drinks packages in spite of drinks being very expensive and we made the right decision. There are 2 happy hours each day where you buy a drink and get a second (has to be the same) for $1. In any case, unless you drink an inordinate amount daily it is much cheaper to just buy what you drink.

Mini-Suite with Balcony

Cabin MA

Port Reviews

Stavanger

Not much to see

Flam

Unable to visit due to bad weather

Olden

Lovely small town

Trondheim

Very wet!

Tromso

Picturesque and easy to wander round alone

Alesund

Enhanced by good weather

Bergen

Waste of money - no view due to early morning trip and mountain being fog bound!

Southampton