3. Norwegian Sky
We chose this cruise for the dates, amount of time actually sailing and price point. As someone who had only been on Carnival in the past, my expectations were low as well as enthusiasm. I personally was going because my partner really wanted to go on a cruise and would not take just a typical vacation, it had to be a cruise. So I was skeptical to take the Norwegian Sky after reading these reviews but he told me to stop reading them and just go and have my own experience. So that's what I did...and it was really the best experience I've had on a cruise thus far. The boarding went by much faster than when we went on Carnival, which I only remember waiting in line what seemed like hours. We got to our room and waited for our luggage next (which we did not know we could bring on a small carry on with us. Good tip for people to know!) and that took a little while, but it's to be expected. After a drill, we could go explore and do whatever we wanted. I was very pleased to see that on the main deck they had pools for "families" and "adults" as well as designated hot tubs. On the other cruise line we could not get near the water because there were so many kids in in it at all hours, there was no room or space to relax in the water, so this was a huge plus for us. The stateroom we were upgraded to had a nice size 3.5 ft rectangle window that we were pleased to have. And the room itself was setup nicely with more space than we have had on other cruises. The beds were not too soft (both of us have back issues), and the rooms were cleaned 2x's a day. One thing we did wish was that they would post something in the room (possibly on the inside of the doors) reminding passengers that there are other people on floor and to please be respectful about your voices in the cabin hallways. It seemed like every time we were in the room day or night, there were people yelling down the hallways with no regard for the people in the rooms. The most impressive thing for us was how well kept this ship was. There was always someone cleaning, everything, everywhere. If a cup was set down, someone was there to pick it up within moments. And while we are on cups, we did not know that the drinks were free and while we don't drink much, this was really nice to find out. So we had a few ;-) Entertainment was off Broadway style, and while it was entertaining it was a little too cheesy and we didn't go back after the first night where they took 1.5 hrs introducing you to the managerial staff. We did play "$5,000 Bingo" one night and felt a big scammed as the cards were $30 for One or $50 for 2". It turned out to be a full card game (one game) that you had to fill the entire card which is 42 squares. What you didn't find out until just before the first 42 numbers were called is that after they have called out exactly 42 numbers, the $5k jackpot is off the table and they don't tell you how much you will win until they have a winner. Eventually someone walked off with $450 which was equivalent to 8 players and there was at least 50 people in there playing so we felt it was deceptive and not cool. The casino was small, but the slots allowed people to play a bit to pass time, and the card games were the same. The staff in every part of this ship were very kind, helpful and overall happy. The only staff we felt were not as pleasant were some of the managerial staff. But everyone else that helped out in every area was super kind, and genuinely happy, it was really a refreshing change from the customer service one receives in Miami. The ports were great, and we got out a Nassau and the small island style resort. Paid $30 for 45 min of paddleboarding and explored the wildlife on the beach after for hours. There was always plenty to do. Had a hard time eating on the island when it was all burgers and hot dogs, so went back a little early to get food before it got too busy and had a great final night. And while we brought some dress up clothes, you don't need to. Many people wore street clothes all day/night, and it was fine.

Very happy with this cruise and staff

Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by puglife442

• Sail Date: August 2016
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview Picture Window

puglife442’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Sky price drops

Oceanview Picture Window
Cabin OA
Good size, comfy beds that split from a queen into 2 twins allowing for more room. Great view. Cleaned 2x's a day, always very clean!
Norway Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins