3. Carnival Paradise
Our room steward and our waiter were both exceptional. Most of the staff was very friendly and helpful but there was a couple that were not very knowledgeable about things; some told us shows were not going on when they were so we missed them. The schedule did not show everything going on. We were told different things about whether there was additional restaurants for us to eat at, we never found them if there were. When I ordered drinks and wanted to substitute the type of alcohol they would but if I asked to substitute a mixer for another some would and some would not. The wait at the bars was very long. I don't understand why in a long island ice tea I cannot have orange juice instead of sours. The food was very inconsistent some things were good and others were terrible. A lot of the food was very greasy and salty. I was not impressed with the one option we had for sit down dinner, most of the time there was only 1 meatless option and it was not very good. If you wanted a decent cut of meat or fish you had to pay $20 extra. The dress code for the dining room was ridiculous, women could basically wear anything including bathing suits and men were sent away for wearing sleeveless or almost sleeveless shirts. I stupidly bought a $25 coupon book that is basically useless because they give you the same deals in the stores without the coupons. I tried to return this and they would not take it back even though it was after the 1st port and never used it. This was my 1st cruise and I realize we were on a smaller ship but there really wasn't much to do during the day and swimming was not an option since you could only go in half the pool that was completely full anytime it was nice outside. The hot tubs were also always full so that wasn't and option. There was only 4 irons on the whole ship so when it came time to iron clothes for dinner I had to wait over 30 minutes in line. I am not sure the whole cruise thing is for me for what I spent on the cruise, flight and alcohol package I could have stayed at an all inclusive and had a lot more options. With that being said the comedy show was ok and I did have fun at the piano bar and on the serenity deck one night.

Not for Everyone

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by klong7412@gmail.com

klong7412@gmail.com’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Paradise price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6D U118
The cabin was a good size and kept very clean except inside the desk drawers.. The decor is very outdated 1970s. There was a step up into the bathroom which could be dangerous. The temperature control is very easy to scald yourself with.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins