CYBER MONDAY DEALS! Get discounts on top-rated cruises. View Deals

First Time Cruiser • Age 50s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Aug 2016
Cabin: Balcony Stateroom

I’ve never added anything to the forum so though it was time to pay back for all of the great info. I have found during my research for a recent cruise. It really is a great place to find out what to expect, but it’s like most sites that allow people to give opinions. If you look at trip advisor etc. every hotel or cruise boat would appear to be a nightmare, but I guess it’s because people tend to focus on the negatives. Reviews of MSC and Poesia don’t appear to be overly positive!

A bit of background. I’m basically a 1st time cruiser, so I don’t have anything to compare against. MSC might be the best or worst in the business but I can only give my opinion of what we experienced.

I decided on a cruise for myself and the wife having never been on a full cruise before. We did do the 3 day Cruise & Maritime winter markets trip a few years ago to Amsterdam & Antwerp on the Marco Polo which was great, so though we would try a full length cruise.

Balcony Stateroom