Disney Magic Cruise Review

Disney Magic Cruise Review by gwmort@comcast.net

• Sail Date: Aug 2016
  • Destination: the Western Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah

We switched to this cruise when Disney changed the itinerary of the 12 night cruise to remove Greece and Turkey. This cruise allowed us more time to tour on our own and in our opinion adequately explored the same area as the new 12 night itinerary.

We had a marvelous time. It was our first ever cruise on any ship. WE found the appearance and upkeep of the ship to be wonderful, our room accomodated my family of four very well, the staff were friendly and attentive and the activities were plentiful.

As this was my first cruise I expected there to be more downtime to unwind and relax, but there was always so much fun and interesting stuff to do we didn't really experience that.

The onboard entertainment was really special. We enjoyed the broadway style shows and live musicians. We even got to see Pete's Dragon on the opening weekend. We played trivia and family game shows, my wife won a game of bingo, it was just fantastic.

The server team traveling with us to the other restaurants really enhanced our vacation. My son bonded with our assistant server and it really helped bring him out of his shell and get into having a really good time.

I would not hesitate to recommend this cruise to other travelers.

gwmort@comcast.net's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah
Cabin 05B 7064

Cabin worked out well. Wife and I had plenty of room in Queen bed, there was a curtain to separate the kids area so we could tuck them in a little earlier and stay up and read. Daughter slept on the couch which converted to a twin bunk and my son slept in another twin bunk that dropped from the ceiling.

The veranadah was very nice, added to the feel of the room to have so much light and airiness when we wanted. not sure I spent enough time out there to justify the increased cost, but I was very happy I had it so maybe.

Mt. Vesuvius

Strenuous hike to the crater of Mt. Vesuvius. Glad we did it, views were amazing, wouldn't do it again.

View All 60 Mt. Vesuvius Reviews
Pompeii Walking Tour

One of the highlights of our entire trip. Truly amazing.

View All 504 Pompeii Walking Tour Reviews

Awful and sublime, we saw some amazing things, inspiring beautiful things. But the pace and the crowds were a bit too much for us to handle all in one day. We were overwhelmed and the overall experience was unpleasant.

View All undefined undefined Reviews
La Spezia (Cinque Terre)

Did Easy Pisa tour, Pisa was biggest disappointment of whole trip, other than Miracle square town is a dump, not much to do once a couple of pictures were taken.

Cannes

Went on our own to spend the day at a private beach club after a stroll along the Croisette. Wonderful, peaceful relaxing day.

gwmort@comcast.net