3. Harmony of the Seas
We thought we would try a new big ship to see what it was like. We had just got off the Celebrity Reflection for a cruise around the Greek Islands and seeing we were in Europe we took the opportunity to try this new ship. Embarkation went smoothly and we were on board within 10 mins which was great. The ship is amazing and beautiful. We were lucky to get an upgrade to a balcony and the cabins were spacious and well laid out but I do think that they could have taken a bit of space where the extra cupboard was and made the bathroom bigger. Unfortunately we forgot about European school holidays so the ship was at full capacity with over 6000 passengers. We were told that the dining was to be all anytime dining so we chose to dine at 7pm every night. On the first night we were taken to our table and told if we didn't like where we were sitting to tell them at the end of the meal and we could change tables but it was fine so we said nothing. The next night when we went to dinner we were allocated another table and when we questioned it they said the table we had the night before was taken, so every night we had a different table. While the meals were nice and the waiters great, we felt that we were rushed so that they could get the next lot of people through. We only went to the buffet once for breakfast as it was so crowded and badly laid out that it was a nightmare to get your food and try and find a table before your food got cold. Each section had different things so I was looking for baked beans and I had to go to 3 different sections to find them and they are so far apart that when I did finally find them it took time again to find where my daughter was sitting. We found it much nicer to go and have breakfast at Jonhy Rockets each morning which was also free and you can sit outside. All the shows were great and we enjoyed them all. The casino was a big disappointment. We enjoy going to the casino when we go cruising and like to play roulette but we were furious when we were told the chips were $5 each instead of a $1 a chip. As for the poker machines they have certainly been programmed to the ships advantage as none of them were paying out anything. I have been on many cruises and have never seen payouts so bad. Another problem was the smoking in the casino. It was very smelly and uncomfortable even though they only allowed it on one side of the casino the smoke was still extremely bad as people kept smoking on the wrong side and staff were not paying enough attention to it also as it was a major walk though from the theatres there were kids constantly standing with there parents watching the machines being played. I felt sorry for the poor dealers that had to put up with people smoking at the gaming tables blowing smoke into their faces all night. You would think that on such a big ship they would allow smoking inside in case of a fire. People were standing at the entry to casino with their kids so they didn't have to go outside to smoke so it was pretty disgusting. The solarium was nice but it needed a pool. Due to it being the school holidays around the pools outside were very crowded and no chairs to be found. The only other problem was they had 2 embarkation days, one in Rome and one in Spain so when they did the fire drill for the passengers in Barcelona every thing was shut down for 1/12 hours. Overall I think if it wasn't school holidays it might have been a little better, but we enjoyed our cruise except for the above problems. I think we will stick to a mid size ships in the future.

Nice but not for us.

Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review by Shazzamataz

Embarkation went smoothly and we were on board within 10 mins which was great.

All the shows were great and we enjoyed them all.

I think we will stick to a mid size ships in the future.
Shazzamataz’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas price drops

Well laid out but bathroom a little small. Could have used some space from cabin to make bathroom bigger
  Harmony of the Seas Deck Plans