Viking Sea Cruise Review

Viking Sea--Magnificent

Viking Sea Cruise Review by Sunrise913

• Sail Date: Aug 2016
  • Destination: the Mediterranean

Everything was excellent--Ship,cabin dining, service, ports, I will be spoiled to ever take any other ship.

That said, we were very surprised about our shipmates--(approximately 940)or shall I l say the lack of seeing them. We had very little interaction- maybe an active core of about 50 total. Most of my pictures on the ship showed very few people in public areas...even the pool (30-40 people at most, one time). Only meals and afternoon teas brought people out. Very little activity (10-15 people) in main cocktail lounges. Did not attend the evening entertainment so I can't comment on attendance or quality. I have never experienced this lack of interaction on other ships and I am wondering about Viking's marketing plan and exactly what type of cruiser they are attracting. Considering how lovely and inviting the ship's public areas were, we were intrigued by this lack of use.

If anyone else noticed this on the August 14 cruise from Athens-Venice?

Sunrise913's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Deluxe Veranda 4 4099

Everything was purposeful and well thought out. Everything stayed neat because of drawers and especially the lighted vanity in the desk.

Sunrise913