• Newsletter

10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Aug 2016
Cabin:

Embarkation was so easy in Seattle. Literally walk on at noon and head for a great lunch outside. Rooms were not ready until 3 PM. Little did I know that would be the last time I would enjoy food out of doors. The next morning we got up at 6 AM to enjoy the passage through the Seymour Narrows then an hour later the fog rolled in. We didn't see the sun again for a week.

The food in the 2 specialty restaurants is always exceptional but to our surprise the MDR was fantastic too. We have been on the Marina 3 times and they could take some lessons from the Regatta. Sadly on the buffet, its the other way around. Mediocre at best and with the inclement weather, far to often seats were impossible to find.

I loved our cabin, #7007. I signed up only 6 weeks before departure because of the unbelievable low price I was offered and this room was still available. It is an extra large OV with more inside sq. ft. than the balconies. Balconies can be a waste on cold weather cruises as we found out on the QM2 a few years ago. The R-Boats all have that cramped little bathroom so no surprise there. Oceania also has the most comfortable beds in the industry. The rest of the ship seems a little dark. It reminds me of the old Queen Mary in Long Beach. Almost haunted in spots.

17 Helpful Votes