3. Disney Fantasy
I chose this line because it's Disney ... need I say more? Well, let me start by saying that I LOVE DISNEY, LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT so it pains me to write this review. My family and I just arrived from our Caribbean Cruise on the Fantasy and it was a huge disappointment. I'll break things down to make it easier. ROOM/BALCONY Small rooms. My party and I had to sit on beds or couches to allow others to pass. The balcony was small. Comparing to Carnival, it was approx 25% smaller. CLEANING STAFF The boat was not as clean as it could have been. Dirty tables in the eating areas, messy liquids and ice cream in the self serve areas. Dirty dishes were left too long on tables causing others to wait around for staff to clean them before they could sit down. PHOTOGRAPHY This was a complete NIGHTMARE!! Three times, Disney staff lost professional pictures. The staff was not able to find them. Major disappointment! How on earth can you lose pictures?! Also, the pictures taken on the AquaDuct were all grouped together. You had to sort through THOUSANDS of pictures to find yours and when you finally did, you couldn't save them to your portfolio. The digital photo kiosks didn't work 50% of the time causing a lot of passengers to get very, very angry. POOLS Pools?? They are not pools! They are 2-3 ft. buckets of water! What a major drag!! Adult pools are also 3 ft deep, you can only sit in them. They are not pools, 3 ft of water is not a pool. HOT TUBS Water luke warm, not a hot tub. CHARACTER MEET AND GREET This was complete chaos. They didn't have enough Disney staff to work this which caused a lot of ppl to jump in front of others. Ppl who were standing and waiting got into verbal altercations with line jumpers. This was INSANE!! They NEED more personnel to handle the crowds. EXCURSIONS Don't do it. Trust me, don't do it. They fail to tell you that Disney rounds up ppl going on excursions. These numbers were in the hundreds. They make you meet in one room and sort you out by activity. This entire process is loud and chaotic. They then make hundreds of ppl walk down the stairs and through the halls to jump onto doorless jeeps on the pier. They cram as many ppl as they can. On my excursion, ppl started screaming and shouting at the operators for more sitting space but there wasn't enough vehicles to accommodate everyone. They had to call in more jeeps which delayed the process even further. By the time we reached our destination, we had 1 hour before we had to return to the boat. This is on top of the reckless driving by the operators. At one point, I almost flew out of the jeep and into the mountain side. I complained to Disney but they only offered me an apology and a discount, no full refund. Dozens and dozens of families were in that line complaining. UNRULY CHILDREN I know this is a kid oriented cruise. Trust me, I get it. However, I've never in my life met a worse bunch of bratty, rambunctious, and obnoxious kids. They were running up and down the stairs, through hallways, in the restaurants, in the pool area, etc., etc. I was stunned! There was very little parental supervision, these kids where allowed to roam free and cause havoc all over the ship! OBNOXIOUS PARENTS On 3 different occasions, I had adults disrespect my daughters (aged 13 and 16). My daughters are well behaved and it was completely uncalled for. Once, because a women felt that my girls "stole" her rail space during the firework show. The rail was empty so my girls leaned against it. Apparently, the lady left to go to the restroom and demanded her spot ~8-10 mins later. She was loud and swore at my girls. It took every fiber of my being not to punch her in the face. I just smiled at her and let her rant and rave. On another occasion, a women and her girls cut in front of line at a character meet and greet. The woman started screaming her head off when I told her that the line was 50 ppl deep. And another incident involved a grown man. As we were walking onto a crowded elevator, a man pushes my daughter out of the way so he can fit in the last available spot. At this point, I had had enough. I pushed him out of the elevator, grabbed my daughter's arm, pulled her onto the elevator, and closed the elevator doors. ALCOHOL The staff really pushes this. It's as if they want you to get drunk. Every time I turned around there was a waiter offering me booze. It became extremely annoying having to repeat over and over that I didn't want a cocktail. LAUNDRY You would think that Disney would have a good laundromat. Well, they have 1 facility on every floor. Each facility has 2 washers and 2 dryers (with the exception of the 5th floor, which had 4 washers and 4 dryers). I tried to do laundry for days and finally got in at approx 5 am. However, most of the machines didn't work! The instructions for use are difficult to understand. I was overcharged for the machines and had to stand in another line at the customer service desk to get it off my account. Also, the machines selling the detergent and dryer sheets were empty!! You don't know this until you swipe your card. I called the maintenance dept. and it took them 30 mins to show up at the laundry room and when they did, they weren't sure how to fix the issues. At this point, 4 families were standing there fuming! Also, they don't have tables to fold your laundry or carts to move your clothes from the washer to the dryer. Total fail! DEBARKATION This was another chaotic situation. No organization whatsoever. Thousands of ppl rushing to one area to get off the boat. TEEN/TWEEN ACTIVITIES My girls didn't go because my younger one wasn't allowed to go with my older one even though Disney specifically told us prior to booking that this wouldn't be an issue. MANDATORY EMERGENCY PRESENTATION This was a complete joke. They gathered everyone together to show them how to use a life jacket and tell them to meet in one location. It took over 30 mins. to get everyone's attention and then their generic presentation lasted 5 mins. I was praying that everything went well because their presentation was vague and I know I would have been confused if an actual emergency happened. Again, I love Disney Parks and this pains me to say, however, I don't want another family to go through what we did.

What a major heartbreak

CLEANING STAFF

PHOTOGRAPHY

POOLS

HOT TUBS

Water luke warm, not a hot tub.

CHARACTER MEET AND GREET

virgecasas@gmail.com’s Full Rating Summary
Get Disney Fantasy price drops

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah
Cabin 06B 7170

Also, the balcony was dirty. Gritty sea salt or something similar was on the glass panel and the floor should have been moped with bleach.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Castaway Cay
    This place is beautiful. My only complain here is that they don't have enough trams to move ppl. There are thousands of ppl exiting the ship (at the same time) to head to the beach and they only have a handful of trams. Major fail.
    View All 460 Castaway Cay Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Castaway Cay Cruise Port Review
  • Beach
    Disney again gathered ppl into 1 room and started sorting by activity and walking hundreds of ppl through their halls. The entire process to reach a vehicle was about 1 hour and another 40 min ride to the beach. This trip was better than the previous excursion, however, they need to get better vehicles to transport ppl and they need another system. The "lets jam everyone into 1 room and sort" maneuver is definitely not working.
  • Tortola
    They fail to tell you that Disney rounds up ppl going on excursions. These numbers were in the hundreds. They make you meet in one room and sort you out by activity. This entire process is loud and chaotic. They then make hundreds of ppl walk down the stairs and through the halls to jump onto doorless jeeps on the pier. They cram as many ppl as they can. On my excursion, ppl started screaming and shouting at the operators for more sitting space but there wasn't enough vehicles to accommodate everyone. They had to call in more jeeps which delayed the process even further. It took over 2 hours to get to our excursion!! By the time we reached our destination, we had 1 hour before we had to return to the boat. This is on top of the reckless driving by the operators. At one point, I almost flew out of the jeep and into the mountain side. I complained to Disney but they only offered me an apology and a discount, no full refund. Dozens and dozens of families were in that line complaining.
    View All 13,765 Tortola Cruise Port Reviews