• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

mikecrad29
2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Mar 2016
Cabin: Junior Suite

My wife and I went on a 10 night cruise on this ship from Baltimore to the eastern Caribbean, March 30 – April 9, 2016. We booked a junior suite with a balcony because we knew we would be at sea a total of 5 days and didn’t want to be cramped in a small cabin in the interior of the ship or on the lower levels. This was the first time we had not stayed in a small cabin on the lower levels of a ship.

The suite consisted on a king size bed, 2 nightstands, small sofa, coffee table, a chair, dresser, closet, and a table and 2 chairs on the balcony. The suite had plenty of room for the two of us and a lot more storage space than I expected. The bed was very comfortable and the suite had a coffee maker and small fridge but no microwave or iron. There were only two AC outlets in the suite that we could find and none in the bathroom. The bathroom was pretty decent size and had an almost full size tub vs. a skinny shower stall. Our suite/room attendant was very friendly and did an excellent job, and our suite was made up at least twice a day.

One “perk” I was not aware of that came with booking a junior suite: when we got to the cruise terminal and I saw the lines to check in, after we had gone through security, I thought we would be standing in line for half an hour to an hour. However, because we had booked a suite (even though it was only a junior suite), we were directed to a separate line where we went ahead of everyone else and got checked in right away.

Junior Suite

Included in overall review of the ship above.

4 Helpful Votes