3. Carnival Vista
I don't normally write reviews but wanted to share. First the bad,....Embarkation was a disaster in comparison to other cruises. Took over an hour and we had a crying two year old, didn't seem to matter to the check in personnel as they had problems taking our pictures and could not fix it. We ordered the bottomless bubbles for our eight year old, does NOT include bottle water, was told by guest service man, unfortunately cannot remember his name, that if it was his child he wouldn't let them order that as he doesn't drink soda.....we don't either but it is vacation and we wanted our child to have a choice and fun being independent. We eventually got it refunded, along with free tickets to theatre and dr suess breakfast along with a twelve pack of water to our room. Our room when we arrived had broken door to refrigerator and closet along with broken hangers on the ground that our two year old poked her hand with playing as we were hanging our things up as we did not expect that and didn't pay close attention, Maintenon came and fixed quickly. Main dining room sevice acceptable at best, little attention given and did not feel special except for one serve, Natdkya, and one bar waiter, Martin. Ship overall mediocre in cleanliness, even though new ship. Strange layout, certain floors you can't get from one side to the other, no glass elevators, no open atrium only three floors with small open space. Outdoor areas smaller and hard to pass others although the glass partionons on the promenade deck great for reducing wind! Cabin smaller than expected although we had a family harbor premium ocean view with two bathrooms that supposedly could fit five....definitely NOT! The one bathroom with tub and sink was so small you could barely move, the entrance way had the closets so very cramped and impossible to pass If you needed in the closets. Red frog bartenders terrible!!! Casino size and layout small and not inviting. The good news....camp ocean for kids is great, we have children that do not speak English, Natasha from Croatia and Sam from Canada were fantastic doing all they could to get them involved!!! Hats off!!!, Spa...typical although the upgraded spa area was fantastic with several sauna, steam rooms and whirlpool and louge chairs with a great view, Sian and Chloe were very nice and helped talk to me about issue i have without trying to sell me expensive products, although the products they have are fantastic! filip from the gym, I believe from Serbia, was great! I showed up a couple times for classes that had to be cancelled due to none participation and the last class he did just with me because he felt bad that I showed up for nothing! Water works was great! Sky ride was nice but a bit of a let down as I just expected more, nice outdoor spaces, serenity nice, bbq place on deck five rocks! Guys burger and Mexican cantina rocks but unfortunately they are not open for dinner, wish that would change! I read poor reviews about dining, it was the best I've had on over 14 cruises! Service not the best but food yes!! Lido is good but as said in other reviews limited options. We ate at the Italian and Asian restaurants on deck 11, great food and well worth the 15 per person up charge. The tides pool bat aft on deck 11 has three Alexandra's all from Serbia that work there, all nice, "Alex" was the best! Pizza place ok, didn't try bonsai, steakhouse or seafood shack. What I found great was the very distinct cabin areas! (Havana, spa and family harbor) Great choice by carnival! Nice variety to just your typical , interior, ocean view, balcony and suites! Thrill theate and dr Seuss breakfast were great! We didn't do any entertainment as too much with a 2 year old. Fitness room a joke in camparision to other cruise ships! I was concerened about our room service when we arrived but Marvin really took good care of us!!! And we had several issues that he handled with flare! Family harbor rooms are worth it in my opinion as the family harbor lounge has full service breakfast, snacks from 3-5 and your own concierge and always milk, coffee water, yogurt and ice cream available and close to main dining, and getting on and of ship. I have been on many cruises, second with carnival....will we try them again?....maybe....

Good and bad