3. Britannia
This was my first cruise, and what a fantastic experience it was! I was traveling with my boyfriend and his family, and I had the best time; I couldn't have imagined it would be as good as it was. The check in procedure was super fast. We waited around 5 minutes in the departure lounge, and swiftly got our cruise cards and went through security. My suitcase was already at the cabin when I got to the room, with my boyfriend's arriving 45 minutes later - speedy! The cabin was a decent size, with plenty of hanging space and storage. For the time you spend in a cabin, why would you need much more? We were in an inside cabin; again, when you visit such wonderful places and are on such a huge ship, why would you need to spend too much time inside?! The bed (queen size) was a good size and really comfortable and I had a good nights sleep every night. The food was unbelievable; there was always such a wide variety to choose from. I was gobsmacked that I arrived on the ship, and within 15 minutes, I was in the Horizon restaurant eating roast beef and Yorkshire pudding, with all the trimmings! (This was the first thing I told my parents when I phoned them!). There was always a place to sit throughout the week in the Horizon, and the food was always of such a high quality. We had afternoon tea on a couple of occasions, one of which had a chocolate twist. Even at midnight-2am, when the Horizon was open, there was still a good choice of late night snacks. We had freedom dining, and dined all but one night in the Meridian restaurant. The food was exceptional! As a big eater myself, who appreciates good food, I was delighted with the different things on the menu - three bird roasts, steak, veal, duck, salmon, and the list could go on and on. My boyfriend's family were vegetarian, and the waiters were attentive and would bring the next night's menu so that they could preorder; nothing was too much trouble. We enjoyed a different show each evening in the Headliners Theatre, performed by the Britannia Showcast. Also onboard, we saw the Overtones. The entertainment was a bit of fun, but there was always a choice of things to do; shows, quizzes, music or even games in the Marlow Suite. We always found something to do, and enjoyed playing a bit of money in the Casino on the slots. I couldn't fault the crew one bit. They were so friendly and helpful; no job was too big. Our cabin steward was ever so good and always kept our cabin exceptionally clean and tidy. The crew in the restaurants were equally as helpful, ensuring everything was okay and taking the trays away. The places we visited in Norway were beautiful, and we had a good amount of time in each place; Stavanger, Olden, Andalsnes and Bergen. We were docked in each port, and didn't have to arrive by tender. The process of getting on and off of the ship was simple and efficient. The ship itself, in my opinion, was beautiful. I couldn't get over the sheer size of it to begin with, but found it easy to navigate around after a couple of days. I think that the stair cases and lifts were in the right places; having stairs midships would've taken away from the Atrium. This was a beautiful space, and the sloping staircase made it very stylish. The decor was classy, but contemporary. You had somewhere to go, whatever sort of person you were and things you enjoyed. The outside space was used really nicely. The Serenity pool was a lovely place to relax, away from the main pool areas. You wouldn't be able to tell that there was 4000 people on the ship, as there were so many different places you could be! Sadly, the holiday had to come to an end. In the past, I've had the but stress of waking up early to get to an airport, wait around there, and then fly home. All in all, making it a stressful break and you need another holiday! However, I was really impressed with disembarkation at Southampton. We could depart at 8am, and we were off the ship, and had collected our luggage, and were in our taxi on the way home by 8.20am.....I think I know what holiday I'll be going on again next time!!! In my opinion, this was a fantastic holiday, which is such good value for money! You wouldn't be able to holiday somewhere for the price, and receive everything that I did. When you add up how much money you'd spend on accommodation and flights, and then add the food on top, you'd be looking at more than £650, even for a week in Spain! I would definitely recommend this cruise for a fantastic holiday! :-)

Fantastic value for money, all round great holiday!

Britannia Cruise Review by charliee_97