3. Celebrity Constellation
This has been our fourth cruise with celebrity. We have booked the concierge class on all of the cruises. On each cruise, we have noticed a decline in quality. The service we receive is exceptional but the food an amenities that are being offered are declining. One of the perks of Concierge class is having hors d'oeuvres delivered to your room each evening. On our first cruise these were interesting little taste treats. It now consists of getting a plate with four sections. In two of the four sections, there are crackers. The crackers are about the size of an oyster cracker and about the same flavor profile. The third quadrant is olives. They put four olives in this quadrant two black and two green. The fourth is some sauce or hummus for dipping the crackers. We ended up going to the Oceanview Cafe and bringing down a plate of olives, bread, cheese, and garlic bread to enjoy with our wine on our balcony. If you are considering elevating to concierge class, don't do it because of the hors d'oeuvres. We were also supposed to get a pillow menu, but we saw no evidence of how this featured worked. The priority check-in and disembarkation was done well. The dinner in the main dinning room was only average. The first night my wife ordered a NY strip steak. It was thin and over cooked. I had other dishes where the quality was lacking. The portion size is also small. They also start you with a bread basket and three dipping sauces one of which is butter. These sauces are quickly consumed at the wait staff does not want to bring you more. Only once did a waiter volunteer to bring more dipping sauces. We had dinner one night at the Tuscan Grille. The food and service in this specialty restaurant was exceptional. My other experiences on the ship were more positive. We enjoy dancing, so most of our evenings were spent in the Rendezvous lounge. The bands played enough of a variety to satisfy our dancing needs. We also enjoyed the Reflections lounge were they had bands or a DJ providing music. We had a classic drink package that was part of the "1,2,3, Go " promotion. Once the wait staff knew you had the package, they would routinely bring doubles. The workout facilities are well equipped. I work with a trainer that incorporates swiss balls and bosu balls into my weight training program, and they had a wide variety of balls available plus free weights and machines. One feature that may not be well known is that the Men's changing room for the fitness area has a dry sauna. It is not part of the Aqua Spa, so there is no additional charge to use the sauna. When I returned from shore excursions a would have a sauna and shower before dinner. My only complaint about the cruise itinerary was that we only spent one day in Barcelona. We could have missed some of the other ports to gain an extra day in Barcelona. Barcelona is a city with a lot to offer and I would think the Celebrity could have and more excursions over a two day period.

Celebrity Quality on the Decline