3. Zuiderdam
Cruise to the Baltic began and ended in Copenhagen. My wife wanted to see St. Petersburg, Russia. Service was excellent in the dining room and on the Lido deck. Food was terrific. If you have a mobility cart, like I did, avoid the Vista Suites. They don't have enough room to accommodate a cart. It has been my experience that the ocean view rooms can handle a cart. But I upgraded to the suite and didn't realize that the balcony was included in the square footage. The end of the bed stuck out into the entry and I couldn't get past it. As a solution, the front office allowed me to park near an elevator area. At night, the room steward put the cart in his service room and charged it. The summer weather was cooler, rainier and windier than we expected. A windbreaker with a hood was very helpful. Rasmus, the walking tour guide we met at the Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers, was terrific. He knows the city, its culture and history. His English is superb. I was able to see the city while using my mobility cart. He carefully chose routes which minimized the cobblestones. I highly recommend him. His email is rasmuspoul@hotmail.com.

Copenhagen to Copenhagen, the Baltic in Summer on the Zuiderdam

Get Holland America Zuiderdam price drops

Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom
Cabin VE 4321
Needs new carpet.
Room stewards were excellent.
Balcony is counted in square footage.
Navigation Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins