My 58 year old sister and I (54 year old) wanted to treat my older sister to a cruise for her 70th birthday. She did not want to leave the country so we chose a Mississippi River Cruise not knowing it is geared to the over 80 crowd. The boat was nice but only has sitting areas and a small workout area outdoors(1 elliptical machine and 2 seated bikes) besides the dining room and cabins. Our husbands were with us so we were a group of 5. I felt as though this was frowned upon It was a lovely week for the 70 year old but somewhat uncomfortable for us 50 something girls. Meals are first come first serve at tAbles of 8 so we were constantly fighting to get 5 seats together. When I asked the hotel manager about this he suggested we make new friends. We were only in port approximately 3 hours per day with mainly bus tours as excursions and the only daytime entertainment on the boat was a lecturer. All in all it was a nice week due to the beauty of the Mississippi and some truly outstanding meals. However, I feel the cruises should be advertised as more geared to the mobility impaired to prevent travelers such as ourselves from signing up with unrealistic expectations.

Definitely a cruise for the less mobile traveller

America Cruise Review by Blanchestu1

Blanchestu1’s Full Rating Summary
Get America price drops

Beautiful cabin with a balcony. However located above the galley. When sitting on balcony, there is the constant banging shut of the galley door.