3. Carnival Ecstasy
As someone who has lived in Charleston for five years, I often saw the Carnival Ships at port and was so curious. I finally decided to book one with my boyfriend, for our anniversary. Embarkation went smoothly and quickly. We purchased the Cheers program, so after dropping off our carry on bags in our room we headed out to the lido deck where a server instantly greeted us and activated our cards for cheers, we had drinks in less than 5 minutes. Our cabin was on the main deck, right off the elevator. I was a bit nervous at first about noise and if we would be kept up all night due to being by the elevator. Not once did we hear anything that was too loud. I was able to sleep through the night, at times even forgetting I was on a ship. Our room had a king sized bed (two twins put together), and was a comfortable size. Our steward was very friendly. It was so fun to come back to our room each day to see what towel animal was waiting for us. The night before our anniversary we came back to our room with a card from our steward with a certificate for a free bottle of wine, 50 dollars towards spa, and a free photo purchase. I have heard of people complain that this ship doesn't have all the bells and whistles but I didn't really see a problem. You can tell the ship was recently updated. It was clean and free from wear. We enjoyed spending time in the casino, Lido deck, and the Neon Bar. Our absolute favorite place on the ship was the Serenity Deck, it is for ages 21 and up and there are plenty of deck chairs, umbrellas and two hot tubs. They also have bar service as well by walking around and taking orders. There were plenty of activities to keep us busy each day, in fact we couldn't decide at times because there was so much to do. We played bingo multiple times with Gary, who was hilarious. Gilbert in the Neon Bar at the piano was great! I had a blast spending our final night singing along with everyone while he played, he really got to know everyone that came to the bar. Benjamin the cruise director was amazing! He was so friendly and really made the cruise fun. One night we watched him in the Atrium sing a full set of Bob Dylan Covers, 80's trivia with Benjamin was great too! You can tell that he really loves music. I had a massage the first day, I felt a little pressured by the manager. I wanted to book for a sea day and she basically said she could get me in within 5 minutes and I was swept away to the back. The tables were really small and uncomfortable. My arms kept hanging off the table. The massage therapist was very pushy with products. This was probably my least favorite thing that I did on the cruise. Dining is what you would expect it to be on a cruise. I loved the dinner menu in Wind Song each night. I am a vegetarian and I was pleased with my options. Lido is a buffet, it's always different. I was happy to find veggie burgers (upon request) at the grill, and Mongolian Wok was great! Breakfast is typical; eggs, bacon, oatmeal, grits, fruit.. things like that. We loved getting to see our server, Wilfredo, each night in the dining room. We stopped in Nassau and Freeport. Nassau was busy! We chose to do a day pass at a nearby resort. We stopped and bought Rum Cake, so good! Getting on and off the ship was quick and easy. Freeport was a quiet town, we took a 30 minute cab ride to the Wyndham all inclusive resort where we spent the day. It seems that there's not a ton to do in Freeport. I would definitely cruise again and am already looking into where I'll go next. I would even go on this same trip again because we enjoyed it so much.

Better than I expected, longest (in a good way) vacation i've had!

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by mmatwood7