Seabourn Odyssey Cruise Review

Seabourn Sojourn and the Greek Isles.

Seabourn Odyssey Cruise Review by Bapple

• Sail Date: Oct 2014
  • Destination: Greece
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Suite

Our first experience with Seabourn was in 2009. Our Norwegian vessel was docked near a Seabourn ship. Seeing how the Seabourn guests were welcomed aboard was an eye opener. In 2014, we took a deep breath and book the Greek Islands cruise on the Sojourn. A big step for us, but we wanted the all inclusive experience.

i don't have the time or patience to attempt a complete review, but I confess to being a true believer in the Seabourn experience.

I will never forget the staff members standing in front of the gangway cheering and applauding us as we came on board! So cool.

We loved our cabin! It was big, luxurious, had a walk in closet and a bathtub. The veranda was big and private, and there was a table and chairs for in room dining in style.

The staff were amazing. The first day I stopped by the Pool deck bar for a cocktail.

The next day as I walked by the same bar, the bartender asked if I wanted the same cocktail I had previously ordered. Every one seemed to know our names.

All the facilities were first rate, and the food was fabulous.

The chef hosted an event where he made a fabulous paella in front of us while he chatted away about Seabourn, food, and his life experiences.

We got to attend a shore event in the ruins of Ephesus where we were seated outside the coliseum and fed wine and snacks while being entertained by a string quartet...on the house.

Seabourn gave us the cruise experience of a lifetime. Worth every penny.

If you are considering stepping up from the more popular big ship cruises, we encourage you to consider going all the way to the finest...Seabourn.

Bapple's Full Rating Summary

Veranda Suite
Cabin V6 825

Big, beautiful, luxurious, well appointed...we could have lived there...and I believe some folks do.

Cabins come with stewards. I can not say enough about the courteousness, thoughtfulness, kindness, attentiveness, friendliness, etc, etc. about our cabin steward.

We wanted to bring her home with us...no kidding!

Bapple