3. Adventure of the Seas
Took a cruise on RC with daughter and granddaughter. I have cruised on Norwegian many many times and was sickened by Royal Caribbean's cleanliness policy when it comes to bedding. Normally, I don't check bedding but my granddaughter wasn't comfortable on her bunk so I proceeded to remove a thin mattress from my bed for her and found it was soiled with a very large brown stain. (nothing like spilled coffee) Also, found the sheets with brown streaks across them. I asked our steward about it and was told that it was all disinfected and not to worry. I told him I know about people that are incontinent or get sick and end up accidentally soiling the bedding and about how some sexual acts leave fecal streaks on the sheets. There is no sure way of disinfecting anything soaked with feces. I asked if this was the policy of the company and he said that it was (he was very sheepish about this and admitted that what I know, to be true). So we slept on feces soaked bedding. I happen to know that NCL incinerates anything contaminated by blood or feces. There is no attempt at cleaning or disinfecting. Even carpeting is replaced if need be. They store mattresses and carpeting on board just for this reason. I will never ever take another cruise with Royal Caribbean - never!. Sick! On the bright side, the ship was very ornate. That's all that was nice. The dining was disappointing as we were only allowed on the lower level of the restaurant. (On NCL we have no assigned seating or time for dining.) Made us feel like 2nd class people - the food was not good. The crew seemed less than joyful almost like they were under duress. On Norwegian, the crew has always been very happy and helpful, although I know for a fact, that they sometimes 'paint' the smile on just because it's their job. Crew on every ship for every company are overworked and way underpaid - working about 75 hours/week for a straight so many months with no days off. This cruise was a total waste of time and money. I did complain to the company but got a generic response. PS just joined this site and the cruise was a couple years ago so I don't remember dates for sure. I'll be on the NCL Epic in Sept 2016!! YEAH

Stained bedding

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by pegasus9

On the bright side, the ship was very ornate. That's all that was nice.

pegasus9’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas price drops

Cabin was ok - sufficient for us to move around. Only the bedding was terrible with the feces stains.
  Adventure of the Seas Deck Plans

• Cozumel
    I love Cozumel and I've been there several times so wasn't new. We hired a taxi and asked them to take us to a beach that's not frequented by most cruisers. It was about 40 minutes there and was very nice for snorkeling and walking around. There was a restaurant there and we ordered some light things off the menu. We like to be off the beaten path whenever possible. Shopping is fun in Cozumel. I always find a few things to pick up.
    View All 6,661 Cozumel Cruise Port Reviews