• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

jtcathell
6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Jul 2016
Cabin: Large Ocean-View Stateroom

We received multiple recommendations about doing "The Voyage of the Vikings" and I must say no one could have prepared us for the adventures encountered during this trip. The ports of call ranged from large cities like Rotterdam, Dublin and Belfast to out of the way ports like Red Bay and Qaqortoq. Each stop brought new insight into this new global world. Luckily at each port the weather was pretty much perfect. We were a little under-prepared for how chilly it would be during this voyage. We purchased had made items in Corner Brook and were really glad we had when we stated the trip across the North Atlantic. I made a mental note to leave shorts behind if we ever decide to do this trip again. Once again I packed way too much while my husband seemed to have packed a little light. I would highly recommend sweater on this trip or just plan on buying some beautiful ones in various ports.

The ship's crew were as always the highlight of the trip. We heard multiple complaints about the food from fellow passengers. I was pretty satisfied on most days, however there were a few days in the dinning room when the food was not as tasty as we had previously experienced, but for the most part I enjoyed the meals. I did run into two soups that lacked flavor, the tomato and the potato, but there were also delicious selections. The ship was doing the soups a little differently and that may account for the lack of flavor. The protein selections were great. I am fond of duck and it was offered on several days, along with perfectly cooked lamb. There was always a fresh fish selection along with steak or pasta.

Most of the entertainment was great, two exceptions were the cellist and one of the last comedian. He was awful. We particularly enjoyed the " Not really 3 Tenors".

Large Ocean-View Stateroom

Cabin G

Our cabin was nice, there was lots of storage space.

6 Helpful Votes