3. Carnival Paradise
Chose this cruise at the last minute. Wanted a short cruise, and I had never been to Cozumel. Got to the port around 1:30, and the lines were long to check in. Took about 40 minutes. A little disappointed in seeing this, as I took the Pride out of Baltimore - a larger ship with more people, and didn't have a long wait. Went to the lido deck and checked out the buffet. Tried the Mongolian-Chinese food. Small selection, but ok. Plenty of other choices - Italian, deli, burgers, fruit... Went to my cabin U181 ( I notice that a prior cruiser had the same one) and met the Steward. I brought a few cases of soda and 2 bottles of wine on board, in addition to the case of water I ordered from Carnival. I asked the Steward for a cooler of ice for all these beverages. He only brought a small white bucket, and I asked him for a second one. After giving him a tip, he said he would refill the ice whenever he came into the room. Of course he only refilled it one other time. Disappointing. The cabin and ship are well maintained, but it reminded me of the hotels I used to vacation in during the 1980's... time to be retired. The air conditioning in my room - and other rooms as I later found out was pretty poor. The serenity deck had several empty lounges to my surprise. The 2 Jacuzzis were available for use, and it was a great alternative to the main pool area which was packed. The food was the usual Carnival fare, and Im unhappy that they dont serve Lobster on dress up night. Service in the dining room was hit and miss, depending on the night. The comedians were ok. I'm not sure why this ship didn't have "George Lopez approved" comedians, but both were good. We went to the Rock musical show, and found it pretty good. In Cozumel, we decided to check out Mr. Sanchos (not part of Carnival excursions) and found it excellent. For $55 (and a $17 cab ride each way) we had 2 pools with swim up bars, a large beach, and unlimited food and drink. Plenty of lounges and chairs were available. As someone who has been on several Carnival cruises, I found this to be "ok". You pay for what you get. Glad I got to experience Cozumel. But as I would like more than an "ok" vacation, I will try another ship and port next time..

NIce cruise, but...

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by asf246

asf246’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Paradise price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6C U281
Average sized room, bring an extension cord!
Upper Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins