3. Navigator of the Seas
Where do I start. The boarding process was ok and the first thing we did was upgrade the drinks packages from select package. We went up to Windjammer (Canteen) and was walking around a few times looking for a table we finally got a table and went up to get food and it was plastic plates no trays either, but plastic plates it was like being back at school. The cabin was ready around 1330 and it was clean and just what we expected the cabin to be so no complaints there. The evenings we had booked My Time dining and the waiters we had were fantastic if it wasn't for the Sapphire Restaurant and staff in there my rating above would be one star, the sapphire itself would be 5 starts and the only thing the ship had organized. The Windjammer (Canteen) every day was packed out and always hunting for a table the food in there was ok but it was no way big enough to cope with the amount of passengers on board. Even wheelchair users struggled with there Carer and Partner to find places to sit, just no organization whatsoever. However there was 5 other Restaurants on board which incurred extra costs. It was lucky the Sapphire was a place to eat in the evening for a proper 3 course meal or I don't know what we would have done for food. The entertainment was great in the theatre but when it finished you had no where to go due to everywhere being packed out and no seats available. The star lounge is no way big enough for entertainment and the main promenade for events is an absolute joke trying to get through and holding entertainment there is a health and safety issue if anything was to go wrong. The sunbeds are old and tatty but if your a premium customer you get new sunbeds and a private section. It felt like we are a just a number but if you have money you are looked after. Not even passengers with disabilities get looked after like the rich passengers do, it is so wrong. The bar staff and drink waiters are no way near enough on board so waiting times for drinks can be a while. The Ice Skating was another disaster it was open 1700-1900 lucky we was early in the queue again no organization we walked through to the rink and got stopped to fill out Health and Safety forms fair enough no complaints but why not issue the forms before hand and filled in before hand instead of just before going on the ice. My daughter was skating for about 10 minutes and an announcement came over 10 minutes left, then 5 minutes. I feel sorry for the people behind me who filled out the forms because they would have only got 10 to 15 ice skating. When we were walking out the queue was huge and I shouldn't think they all managed to get to Ice Skate. It should be forms filled out already and a ticket with a time say 1700 1730 1800 and 1830 sessions not a queue and wait and fill in the forms just before going on the ice. The Ice Skating shows was ticket and times, the show was fantastic and is a must to see. The crazy golf (putting green) was very busy and that again no organization just a box with the balls and putters in to help yourself. Children were playing in the lifts constantly. The nicest bar on the ship was on the 14th deck cosmopolitan bar and it was quiet but children had to be out by 10pm so that was no good for us. The other thing when we went to Bilbao and Guijon it was 10 Euros each return for a coach into town so 3 of us 30 euros and 60 euros over 2 days so we stayed on the ship them days. Le havre was 4 Euros each return for the bus which was more like it but the queue for the bus was so long we walked 25 minutes into town as it was quicker then waiting for a bus. The Navigator is no way big enough to cater for the amount of passengers it holds and even my Daughter said everything was busy and wouldn't do Royal Caribbean again and she is 13 years old. The last day leaving the ship was hassle free and it felt like they couldn't wait to get us off the ship as it was so easy. We went to Mcdonalds near the port on the last day for Breakfast because I couldn't be doing with Windjammer (Canteen) on the last day, and that was the best breakfast we had all week in Mcdonalds on the way home. This was my 5th Cruise and my first and last time using Royal Caribbean and won't ever be using them again and certainly won't be recommending them. So glad I didn't book next years Transatlantic Reposition Cruise on the same ship, or I would have just lost my deposit and cancelled the holiday. I will now look elsewhere for a Reposition Cruise for my next Cruise holiday as that's what we like the idea of doing.

Royal Caribbean never again: Fawlty Towers of Cruising

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by Andy Stoke

Where do I start.

Children were playing in the lifts constantly.

Andy Stoke’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 13 to 15
Get Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas price drops

The cabin was clean and standard which we expected the House keeping staff were excellent.
  Navigator of the Seas Deck Plans