3. Brilliance of the Seas
This was a really good cruise, with outstanding ports. I appreciated the meeting cruisers from numerous countries, and of all ages. There were lots of families, and children seemed to have a great time. Entertainment was generally good, but not always outstanding. Evening meals in the dining room were fantastic. I did feel that RC nickeled and dimed us for extras. Shuttles, etc. to get into town from the port was an unexpected cost. No free laundry facilities, but I should have known that. Coming from the U.S., we enjoyed the sea days early on (as opposed to at the end). This allowed us to get over jet lag, and enjoy all the fabulous destinations. Venice, Croatia, and Montenegro were great! The day in Rome was long (and hot). Don't miss Pompeii or the Amalfi coast. I wish we could have spent more time in France. We will definitely cruise with Royal Caribbean again!!!

Reaaly good cruise with outstanding ports.

Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review by nbamama

We will definitely cruise with Royal Caribbean again!!!
nbamama’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Brilliance of the Seas price drops

We chose to save money with a lower floor stateroom, but with a large porthole and ocean view. We were not disappointed, and the cabin attendant was great. There was plenty of storage space, and we were close to the embarkation deck. The room wasn't designed to "hang out" and read. We used the quiet public rooms on Decks 6 and 13 for all of that. We would choose this category again.
  Brilliance of the Seas Deck Plans

• Accademia Museum
    My husband took this Best of Florence tour, while I took a break. He especially wanted to see David, and the tour did not disappoint. The RC tour handled all the details with no extra costs. Lunch was included in a quaint restaurant, and there was time for him to explore the town and pick up leather souvenirs.
    View All 33 Accademia Museum Reviews
  • Montenegro Highlights
    We traveled to beautiful Budva, which was nice, then did a walking tour of Old Town Kotor. Unfortunately, by the time we di the Kotor tour, we were mostly too tired to enjoy the walk and the sights. It might have been better to do Kotor first, then Budva.
    View All 79 Montenegro Highlights Reviews
  • City Tour
    View All 16 City Tour Reviews
  • Pompeii
    Too much to do in one day. Since this was our first visit, we are very glad we went to Pompeii. After that, our tour took us to beautiful Sorrento where we had lunch. I wish we could have spent more time here. We then drove down the Almalfi Coast a bit, and saw Positano from a vantage point. A long, but fabulous day. I would definitely recommend ItalyTours.eu. The price was good, only 11 of us on the tour, and the guide and driver were fantastic.
  • Historic Tour
    We did Best of Rome with ItalyTours.eu. We had only 8 in our group, which made visiting the sites somewhat flexible. We spent three hours at the Vatican with a very knowledgeable tour guide. We also went inside the Colosseum, saw the Pantheon, Trevli fountain, and Circus Maximus. My only complaint was that the Vatican portion of the tour was too long and too detailed. It took away from time at the remaining sites.
    View All 47 Historic Tour Reviews
  • Dalmatian Walking Tour
    Absolutely outstanding! 1 1/2 hours for a fully guided tour, that picked you up right at the boat. Christina was knowledgeable, personally, and undertood English well. Very inexpensive, even though we only had six people. I will definitely use this tour company again (if I ever get back to Split).
    View All 3 Dalmatian Walking Tour Reviews
  • Toulon
    We did Toulon on our own, and took the city tour with Les Petits Trains. We spent several lovely hours at the beaches of La Mourillon, where the tourist train lets you get off and on. I really wish the cruise would have allowed more hours at this port. There was not really enough time to enjoy the outlying area without spending much of the day in transit.
    View All 298 Toulon Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Toulon Cruise Port Review
  • Murano Island
    Great tour! I wish we could have spent more time looking at the Murano glass. The trip to the second island to see the lace was also good because the village was quaint. Be aware that the travel to/from the islands takes a lot of time. You are on a boat for nearly two hours altogether.
    View All 54 Murano Island Reviews