3. Queen Elizabeth
This was our 3rd cruise with Cunard and our first trip on Queen Elizabeth (previous trips were on QM2). Once again a fantastic holiday, beautiful ship, fantastic staff and service, and amazing food! I am surprised by other reviewers comments about the canteen quality of the food, and lack of choice in the Britannia Restaurant. There were certainly no complaints from myself or my travelling companions and we do consider ourselves to be foodies! If there is nothing for you on the menu, the staff are only to happy to provide you with an alternative of your choice (not that this was necessary for us). I have also read comments about the staff being blunt and rude - again this was not our experience. I also had to make use of the onboard medical facilities and staff for issues with my asthma - the staff were attentive and caring, and were brilliant at making sure that my health improved so that I could enjoy my trip. I sadly overheard more than one passenger complaining about this service - one complaint was because her mother had an accident outside of the clinic hours so they were being charged for an emergency call-out, and the second because the staff wanted to review her face to face and not over the telephone!! The staff contacted me and asked me to go for a review - yes it incurred an additional charge, but what price can you place on your health? Isn't this the reason for taking out adequate travel insurance? Overall, another fantastic trip and I can't wait for m next one! Well done Cunard.

Amazing yet again!

Queen Elizabeth Cruise Review by Stephmumof2

Stephmumof2’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cunard Queen Elizabeth price drops

Beautifully clean, bed, pillows and bedding the most comfortable ever tried! Stewardess Cecilia polite and very helpful.
  Queen Elizabeth Deck Plans

• Bergen
    Made our own arrangements as usual - much cheaper than the organised trips! We bought tickets for the hop on hop off buses that were at the port and included a discounted ticket for the vernacular ride which was a good move as the queue was much shorter. Beautiful place with lots to explore. Food and drinks were expensive compared to the UK, but we were expecting that - around £9 for half a litre of beer. So only had snacks and returned to the ship for meals.
    View All 621 Bergen Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Bergen Cruise Port Review
  • Flam Railway
    Booked before we left the UK which turned out to be a wise move, as some of the journeys were fully booked! You can buy tickets at the station, but check that you can get back to the ship before it leaves. Waterfall stop amazing - although one fellow passenger complained that it was wet!?! Not much to see or do at the top, but we did have a snack and drink in the very busy cafe. Well worth doing.
    View All 177 Flam Railway Reviews
  • Olden
    Bought a ticket at the port for the short bus ride to see the glacier - from a distance. Beautiful area with amazing green/blue lakes.
    View All 149 Olden Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Olden Cruise Port Review
  • Stavanger
    The only wet day!! But this didn't stop us from exploring! Found a wonderful street of brightly painted shops/ coffee shops and sat outside under the canopy with heaters all around. Had the most amazing hot chocolate - perfect for a wet day! Lots of shops and familiar ones too - H&M for example. Old town beautiful but cobbles very slippery in the wet, so wear suitable footwear.
    View All 263 Stavanger Cruise Port Reviews