3. Amsterdam
This was only my second cruise and my first with my spouse along! We had a very nice Vista Suite that was roomy and quite comfortable. The onboard presentations were disappointing. I was not interested in purchasing a Tanzanite piece of jewelry or whatever other stones were hawked. The food was good. Our table mates every night were so much fun! We had a great time at dinner every night, almost had to be thrown out, we all stayed so long talking and laughing! I tried to stay on my "points" diet as much as possible. We had breakfast in our room every morning. One morning, it didn't come at all. My spouse wanted a bucket of iced down beer every day at 4 p.m. He got it the first afternoon, none the second, was called by front desk the third, got it the fourth, etc. The front desk informed me that they could not deliver the beer without someone there to sign for it. HELLO! i was there or he was there. Then, front desk said that my request of the drink of the day be included was not possible. I never got it to the room. Something chewed on me for two nights. I finally threw back the sheets. There was no bug, only evidence of one being there--bug poop! I took a picture of it and left a couple of notes for our cabin stewards to strip and change the bed. This problem was taken care of immediately and with great concern and attention. I was not the only one being bait for bugs on the ship. Anyway,. they agreed to put fresh sheets and pillow cases on the bed every day rather than every three days. I was happy with that, and did not have a problem after that. We LOVED our cabin stewards and our wine steward, who, by the way, ALWAYS remembered to bring me my requested drink, usually a mango colada, if the drink of the day didn't interest me. Overall, it was a very lovely cruise, and we loved Alaska, the marine life, the towns and the people.

Spouse now hooked on cruising!

Amsterdam Cruise Review by sararuth@bellsouth.net

• Sail Date: August 2016
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Vista Suite with Verandah

sararuth@bellsouth.net’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Amsterdam price drops

Vista Suite with Verandah
Cabin BB 6298?
Our cabin was roomy, clean, comfortable and nicely laid out. We enjoyed our balcony the most. From there, we watched whales, glaciers, the sea, the sun, the horizon! You name it, we didn't care what! We enjoyed relaxing on the balcony. Lovely weather, too!
Our cabin stewards were so attentive and ready to serve. They knew our names the first day.
Verandah Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins