3. Viking Odin
Our previous experiences with Viking River Cruises had been so positive, that we sought to see yet another River, more cities, and learn more. We traveled on the ship Odin from Prague (Bamberg) to Paris (Trier) over 12 days. We explored Prague on our own the day before, and then learned what we saw on the city tour the next day. In Paris, we chose to take optional excursions to maximize our two days there. Everyday was filled with knowledgeable tours, elegant dining and comfort to the extreme living on the ship. With a special diet need, I found the dining extremely accommodating to my diet restrictions. (This is actually an important reason that we enjoy a Viking River Cruise so much.) There was something to do every day, but we were free to stay on the ship and relax or go off on our own as well. Local tour guides are used in each city, and we get a personal, first hand look at the city, it's history and culture. Activities are planned every night to amuse, entertain or educate. The longship Odin was amazing. Five stars to the crew, their care of us, the pleasantness of every person on the crew, and, of course, our Program Director, Claudia. The ship is newer than others we've traveled on and VRC has designed this ship with comfort in mind. This is evident in the cabins where there is more storage, a lovely patio view, housekeeping services to make our stay care-free and amenities that met our every need. Although we enjoyed the scenery and activities so much, we never did explore the TV entertainment! We try to research the trip and cities beforehand, but we missed the number of locks on the Main River which kept the top deck closed until we got to the Rhine River. The view from the top deck is the best view of all. The cruising especially on the Rhine offered spectacular views. We didn't take advantage of fitness on the ship since we got our exercise in on the excursions. While there were leisure tours offered, we always chose the slightly more demanding tours. I logged in an average of 13,000 steps and 11 flights of stairs each day, all filled with fun, enjoyment and rest and water stops to make it seem like I wasn't exercising at all. My favorite kind of vacation! I'll take another Viking River Cruise again, and probably again, in the future. I like where the cruises go, the care of every need for the days of the cruise, the personal tour guides, the comfort of the ship, and most importantly, the people who take care of us during the cruise, meeting every need.

A dream vacation with amazing vistas, informative tours and a wonderful crew,

Viking Odin Cruise Review by Beckyjanedavis

• Sail Date: August 2016
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Stateroom

Beckyjanedavis’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Odin price drops

Veranda Stateroom
Cabin B 311
More spacious than ever! Comfortable bed, more storage, a housekeeping staff that took great care of us, clean lines, more outlets, including 110V (Thank you!), privacy, patio view of shore lines, and I think the shower was even bigger than before.
Middle Deck Balcony Cabins