3. Oasis of the Seas
Great family cruise. Flew into Ft. Lauderdale the day before and after some set backs with the hotel the rest of the trip was amazing. Embarkment was a breeze. Terminal even had a play area for kids. Only problem we encountered was we were told to sit in the general boarding area even though I was gold. Luckily I figured this out after not too long and was still able to board in a timely fashion. Just make sure you get seated in the correct corral when arriving. Even though there was so many people was still able to get right on the elevator and get up to the buffet and find a seat right away. The ship was beautiful and besides the Dreamworks parade was never crowded at all. Only time I had to wait for an elevator was right after the muster drill, which is expected. I was in stateroom 14148 which was forward by the kids club. Great location and was never loud. Room felt small even with just myself and my husband. Bed was located next to the closet so very difficult to get to clothes. He put his in and had to sit on bed to look through closet. I ended up living out of my suitcase that I stored under the bed as the drawers that were provided wouldn't even hold a weeks worth of underwear. Our room attendant Ashley was great. He never bothered us but whenever we needed him he was easy to find in the hall. Dining was great. Was seated in the Grande which is beautiful. I have a son who has some sensory issues and they were able to accommodate us with a side table in a quieter area. Our wait staff was good. They always had a fruit cocktail waiting for my younger son to help with the wait time for food to arrive. Food was pretty good, nothing outstanding. Only issue we ran into was our assistant waiter forgot to return my husbands seapass card when he ordered an after dinner beverage. In his defense he had just been promoted to assistant waiter. He was always very apologetic and a nice guy, just getting the job down. Loved using Family time dining so that the kids could go to the kids club during dinner. I can t say enough great things about the kids club. A year prior we had gone on Disney Magic and my kids hated it. They cried every time I took them to their kids club. On Oasis my kids begged to go. They had so much fun and my younger son begged to go to class every day. If Super Smash is there your are in for a treat, He knew my kids names the first day and always said hi to them by name anytime he saw them on the ship. He was their favorite but every staff member in the club was great. We went to Oasis of Dreams. Was ok but a tad boring in my opinion. Frozen in time started off as a horrible experience for us. They let too many people in so people were literally fighting for seats, My younger son had to use the bathroom so my husband took him and people kept trying to take his seat. We told them my husband took my son and they didn't care said I couldn't save a seat so when he came back he had nowhere to sit. My husband ended up leaving because he was getting so upset and my mother and I ended up with my 6 and 9 year olds on our laps. We did make it to the comedy show which was funny. My husband and I did get the the royal replenish package because he was hoping to get a frozen cappuccino every day. They don't know how to make them even though they show them in the picture for the package. My kids loved the kids pool. Only problem we had with that was that it seemed to close early for cleaning every night. I understand with little ones in it that was probably a necessity but still a little annoying. They were still able to use the beach pool but its salt water so the kids disliked that part. We did prepurchase a photo book which when I went to pick up was told I had to rebuy. I paid the photo company but the sales person said he had no way to prove that even though I showed him the receipt. Said I had to rebuy and then when I got home I could call customer service for an adjustment. Finally a manager showed the employee how to verify my purchase and was able to get my book assembled. Only problem was at that point it wouldn't be ready until after my flight left. He put a rush on and I had to go back after midnight to pick it up. It turned out great but make sure you don't get recharged for it. Debarkment was smooth as well. We were able to get off the ship and through customs in a short amount of time and to the airport with no problem. I told everyone I know about how great the ship is and will be sailing on it again in February 2018.

Great for Families

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by hockeymom9806

hockeymom9806’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9
Ages 10 to 12
Get Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas price drops

Seemed a bit cramped even for 2 adults only. Bed was next to closet so hard to get at clothes. Not enough storage for both adults clothing so I had to live out of a suitcase. Balcony was small but fine for two people to sit on. Bed was comfy. Bathroom small but sufficient. Room attendant was great. Did not hear a lot of foot traffic even with kids club across the hall. Would book room category again but would probably try and get bed by balcony configuration instead.
  Oasis of the Seas Deck Plans