3. Norwegian Jade
As a first time cruiser I didn't know what to expect. In the end I was pleasantly surprised. When you arrive at the port you will be directed to the check-in area. Remember to have a pen on you because you will need to fill in a health form to hand over at check-in. The entire process went very smoothly and after a short wait you are asked to board. We immediately went to our cabin to drop off the hand luggage and have a look around. We ended up sitting at the Bali Hai bar overlooking the pool deck sipping our first free drink (as part of our cruise deal we got free flights, accommodation in Venice and the unlimited beverage package [UBP]). We had luckily picked the right spot. Not long after we were underway and sailing out of Venice the crew put on a welcome party and introduced themselves and from where we were sitting we were able to see everything. To make a long story short, we spent a lot of time at the Bali Hai bar and I can’t say enough good things about the staff who quickly learned what we preferred to drink and how often! I’m going to bullet point the rest: • The luggage arrived within a couple of hours. • The cabin was small but it was as we expected and had everything you need. I would suggest taking some conditioner with you because the conditioning shampoo was more shampoo than conditioner. • You aren’t allowed to take an iron on board and even though they have some available you might have to wait (but double check the cable, ours was a little frayed). • We ate at the buffet so I can’t comment on the main dining rooms but the buffet was perfect enough and was available whenever we felt hungry. Don’t worry about being late for breakfast – they just move it down the far end of the Garden Café until lunch is ready to be served! • We tried all the bars on board and ended up most nights in the cigar bar area listening to Taylor on the piano. There are a number of bands on board and it’s just a case of seeing where they might be playing that day. • We decided to go to the show one night and were out of luck. We went 10 mins before it was due to start and unfortunately there were no free seats left – our own stupid fault so I suggest going a half hour or so before it starts just to make sure. • For the smokers – we smoke and found it very easy. The cigar bar has a room next to the piano, smoking is allowed in the casino if you are gambling and/or watching your travelling companion, there is a smoking section at the Bali Hai bar and on the pool deck and in certain places around the decks you will find ashtrays on the walls. • You cannot take any water or soft drinks on board – think of it like at the airport. They charge a lot of money for water on board so it’s no wonder they don’t allow you to buy a six pack of large bottles for a fraction of the cost they charge for just one large bottle. But in saying that, if you fancy a water or juice of some kind they are available at no cost from the dispensers. • Always keep your card on you at all times – you can’t order a drink or get on or off the boat without it. • The queue for the cable car in Santorini only took 30 mins to get up the hill and we decided to walk back down. I wouldn’t recommend walking back down unless you like dodging mules, their waste and slipping on the very slippery steps. It apparently takes over an hour in a queue to get the cable car down but I think that would’ve been the better choice. For the money we spent I think it was well worth it. You only have to unpack once, get to see various places and you are entertained as much or as little as you would like. I can see myself doing it again and because I wasn’t expecting the world (like a lot of people seem to do after reading some of these reviews) I would look at Norwegian first over all the other cruise lines.

First time cruiser - Norwegian Jade Greek Isles

Norwegian Jade Cruise Review by tracyinlondon@hotmail.com

I’m going to bullet point the rest:

• The luggage arrived within a couple of hours.

tracyinlondon@hotmail.com’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Jade price drops

Oceanview Porthole Window
Cabin OG 4500
Very noisy when the ropes are rolling out to be tied up but other than that we weren't disturbed at all. The room is the last in the row on the bottom deck so there is no foot traffic and no noise from above. You get what you pay for so my comments aren't complaints.
Deck 5 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins