Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review
2,315 Reviews

Still had a fantastic time but would recommend staying away from UK Ports

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by Andy_WorldTravler

• Sail Date: Aug 2016
  • Destination: the British Isles & Western Europe
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

This is out 5 cruise 3rd with RCI.

First from the UK port of Southampton.

We have only cruised the Med and the Caribbean in the past.

The ship was amazing as always and the staff are the best again as they always are.

The main dining room is probably the best I have been to. The food was good, not AMAZING however then you think they are doing 18000 covers per day it is very impressive.

Anyone who has travelled with RCI in the past know just how amazing they can be and my grips where only with the passengers.

The all inclusive drinks offer was very good and to be fair we made the most of it but with this deal came 100's of Footie T shirt wearing types. These may be lovely folk (I didn't speak to them) but not my type. Also, again this is no fault of the ships but the Parents. Kids Kids Kids. Jumping in lifts, screaming down the stairs, knock down ginger on my cabin.

Kids will be Kids it didn't bother me all that but did leave a stain on the experience.

I would certainly travel again with RCI but I would pick a different location out of the kids holiday season. I would probably pay a bit more to as the price bracket for this trip attracted a type of client that I'm not too comfortable being around.

One thing RCI needs to sort out is Sunbeds. We always got a bed as we where early risers however to many people turn up with the towels and disappear for their tours ashore then come back 3-4 pm for a few hrs of sunshine. there should be a 1 hr Policy on towels. I did speak with the staff but they appear to be two scared to take action. This is my biggest gripe. They did however keep kids out of the solarium (under 16's) personally Id make is over 21's.

Chops Grill amazing as always.

The two guys in Vintages where fantastic. Very knowledgeable, we went in there every night before dinner. They would recognise us and have our wine of choice ready without having to ask, we love this.

The ship itself is a little tired but they didn't bother us. We have been on Allure which is different gravy but also Majesty (or the old tug as we called it) all 3 ships excelled in service and experience.

Overall a good holiday. We will booking up Anthem or Quantum soon :D

Andy_WorldTravler's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony
Cabin E2 8596

Cabin clean tidy, tv was on the blink but I only watched is for 30 mins a day waiting for my g/f to get ready. Nice size (for a ship)

We didn't see out cleaner much but room was always up to scratch no complaints.

Andy_WorldTravler