Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by AHM1346
- Sail Date: August 2016
- Destination: Caribbean
Overall, it is an amazing ship. Well designed. Very stable. It is huge. The big main walking promenade and the 'central park' are great ideas. There is even a ice skating rink.
The staff were excellent, as were the main shows. They had a full production of CATS.
The ship was spotless overall. The staterooms are bigger than other ships and have a sofa the may be of sufficient size for a small child to sleep on. I think all outside rooms are ocean view with balcony. The inside rooms face central park and have balconies too. So no claustrophobia. We were on deck 14. It is a long walk from end to end of the ship.
Activities: lots to do ranging from napkins folding classes to jewelry shows to bingo and the usual. There is of course a casino but as a non gambler, cannot comment on it. The spa and gym were big. My wife used it and said it was fantastic. Not free of course!
The things we did not like:
1) A lot of pushing to buy drink packages and shop at stores.
2) A lot of nickel diming. For example, back of scenes tour was free on Princess. $150 on Oasis. Several classes were not free including guacamole making class.
3) usually there are movies in the main theater on a frequent basis but not on Oasis. And it was fuzzy since it was 3D. So if you could not find glasses, you could not see much.
4) The shore excursions we took were very meh and expensive. Recommend sticking with your own walk around agenda.
5) Usually there are educational events related to upcoming ports of call. None on Oasis.
6) The type of daytime on ship activities overall was not as diverse as I had seen on other ships except for the headline events which were amazing.
7) Food was abundant but the diversity of choices was not as extensive as Carnival or Princess. Taste wise was definitely a notch lower.
The ship overall, is one large weekend at Vegas on water. It was more expensive than average cruises. I would recommend it but I wish they would include more activities in the price and not nickel dime.
- Read more Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas Reviews
- Read Cruise Critic's Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas Review
250,000+ people have entered their email
Port & Shore Excursion Reviews
LabadeeCabana Rental. Expensive yes but for a group of 8, worth it. You get a nice beach close to food. Has a nice cabana with shade that can accommodate a lot of people even though they say only 4. The attendant brings drinks and always available. Nice beach. View of the zipliners zipping over your head. The water is swimmable but you really ought to have water shoes.View All 1,803 Labadee Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Labadee Cruise Port Review
Glass Bottom BoatMEH was the description from those who took this trip in our group.View All 62 Glass Bottom Boat Reviews
City TourYou don't need to take this tour. Just walk from the pier to the Fort and the surrounding neighborhood. Was not worth it.View All 235 City Tour Reviews