3. Adventure of the Seas
We are a family of for from NJ and chose this cruise mostly for the itninerary (SJ, SXM, Bonaire, Aruba and Curacao). We did not have high expectations as the AOS is an older ship and does not have many bells and whistles. Embarkation: Very smooth. Got on line about 10:30 and they started letting us in at 11. Soon got Sea Pass cards and then the doors opened and up we went. We were the 10-15th people on board. Rooms: Connecting balcony staterooms on deck 7. 3x the showers backed up and sewage filled our showers and bathrooms. My kids cabin smelled like mold the entire trip. We requested to have the carpet cleaned and did not improve the smell afterward. Rooms were old and beds were very poor. Food: I would rate the food as cafeteria style. The buffet serves the same food over and over. Tried the buffet for dinner on multiple occasions because out dinner in the main dining room did not really taste well but the buffet was worse. Breakfast was fake eggs unless you wanted to stand in the 20 minute omelette line. Also this is the first cruise I ever went on where they did not have smoked salmon out for the guests. On 4 of the 7 days that I requested it from the chefs they were able to bring me out a little bowl with tomatoes and lettuce and that was not of the highest quality. The other 3 days they said they were out. Something seems fishy to me :):):). Service: The service by the waiters and bar staff was very good and they were always very polite. Our room steward was adequate and did a good job but nothing over and above. Entertainment: We found the entertainment to be very boring and most of the shows were only about half full. Never had an issue finding seats up close. Cruise staff was a little over the top and very risque at times and I find this to be disturbing for children or young teens. Final Thoughts: This is my 7 cruise with RCCL and third on the AOS. RCCL really needs to update there concepts and improve their menus. The entertainment and food menus are old and boring and need a breathe of fresh air.

Average cruise on the Adventure with some problems

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by tmilak

Ages 10 to 12
Ages 13 to 15
Get Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas price drops

Cabin 7284 & 7286
Cabins are old and dated and smell moldy. Sewage backed up 3x and filled the bathroom.
  Adventure of the Seas Deck Plans