3. Jewel of the Seas
Good Stuff; Restaurant Food and service ,Bar Staff helpful & knowledgeable- Great Ports ,embarkation and disembarkation Not so good ! Windjammer usual Bun Fight during busy periods ! The First evening Simona (the Cruise Director) talked to the crowd and explained that the planned entertainment, for the cruise, would be geared towards an international crowd, where language would not be a significant problem ,what we got was bizarre ‘comedy’ Act and final night a circus ACT which we have all seen a 100 times and was boring ,every evening the venue was at best half full by the end people we leaving in droves The bias towards the Italian passengers (who were lots of fun and mixed well with everyone) was ridicules – NONE of the entertainment staff were English and as such no allowances for the English on board for example the Karaoke was for the ‘Italians only’ we felt the deck party was a party only for Italians and felt like gatecrashers. Simona and her no.2 from Croatia (don’t know his name ) had no chemistry between them and made NO effort to interact with us British ,they were largely invisible the whole Cruise ,occasionally appearing to introduce Acts whilst contributing nothing themselves apart from the odd line and dance and preening . There is Bill ‘the token English‘ entertainer in Schooners bar, to be fair he did appeal to the over 65’s but his act is tired and he not the best singer and no viable alternative where you could SIT and watch an ACT. However the standard of the bands and dancers on board were good, except the scheduling and use of venues was completely disjointed and made no sense for example, the main events were in the Centrum which holds 10-12 seats ? everyone else having to stand and watch above, absolute madness when on most nights the safari club (excellent venue) was empty ,also the show would finish in the theatre at the same time as this show ,rather than start the show at 10.30 when everyone had finished dinner and watched show in theatre ,one night from 10.30 onwards there was no relevant entertainment to watch . Vortex !!!!!!! what a Joke the DJ is only playing what HE wants to listen to worst I have witnessed at Sea ,most of the time when we visited it was virtually empty you would make a request and was insistent he only played what HE liked !!!!!!!!!!!,I know you cannot please everyone but if the venue is empty and no one is dancing the is an issue !!!!!! I was particularly impressed with the large screen overlooking the pool, the film Moma Mia was shown at 4pm where guests around the pool watched, then next day same film same time umm ! then Saturday English premier game being shown , 20-30 British/Irish around pool watching and guess what ? you have guessed it game switched off and guess what film put on ? yes Momma Mia for the 3rd time – My complaints were dismissed Late Night food After a few drinks it nice to have a small snack and coffee ,on the Jewel this is provided I Solarium till 2am (NCL 24 Hours) we had a beef sandwich and asked for Coffee ? no coffee is other side of boat in windjammer entrance –Bizarre ! However this was empty I asked for someone to top up – NO response, I then asked for a manager –Once again Nothing ,however I was directed to a phone to organise myself room service absolutely appalling service !!!! –Where is the customer service training ! Pool Area- Bed Hogging,Kids in Spa ,Pool area to small for volume of passengers / Kids Pool /slide frequently shut

Entertainment shocker dont blame the Italians

Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review by ron.crowton

Good Stuff;

Not so good !

Windjammer usual Bun Fight during busy periods !

Late Night food