3. Splendour of the Seas

This was my 1st cruise and it was truly wonderful. All crew staff were very friendly and helpful especially the Stateroom Supervisor (Marcus), the Stateroom attendant (Angelique) on deck 2 and the Chief Housekeeper. The food was exceptional and the Waiter,Assistant Waiter and Head waiter in the King and I dinning Room were great. We had table 77 for the 6.30pm sitting. The Entertainment Director and his staff were very helpful (especially Vicky) and the DJ Savio was Fantastic. Poolside attendants were also great especially Kalish.

We had booked Junior Suite for 2 adults and one child. The stateroom was adequate. There was plenty drawers and wardrobes although the wardrobes were very dark inside and could do with an internal light.

The bedding, carpets,sofa and chairs were clean and fresh. The dressing table was large with plenty of mirrors and storage space but they were looking rather tired.

I can cope with that as long as everything is clean - which is was.

We were on deck 8 and did get lots of noise from people walking above. We also had a couple of mights when high wind whistled through the balcony and made a huge racket keeping us all awake. However if we hadn't have had the balcony we would have missed the dolphins and a fantastic lightening storm and pouring rain on our last night. We could have got any other view from the deck above. When the rain came the public were told to go inside and not allowed back on deck until it had stopped

The pool in the Solarium and outside were both salt water.

There are 2 jacuzzi s outside and 2 in the solarium. We used the gym which although small had a good selection of equipment. For a charge of $10 you could do spin class which was always busy.

The pitch and put was well worn and bland but we still played. the rock climbing wall was busy at times but the staff were very encouraging and didn't hurry anyone. The wall was open many times during the week and once a week they open it at night which was a totally different experience - great fun.

The entertainment was good in 42nd Street and the bands that played in the lounges and on deck were very good.

My 15 year old son was rather bored as there wasn't really that much for him to do.

I met some truly interesting people on the cruise and made a few friends. It was nice to see that the crew members were so multi-cultural and all the passengers. I can truly say I had a dream cruise and would recommend this Cruise to all my friends. Thank you all once again

Shore excursions were available although quite expensive. For some of the port calls like Santorini and Kusadasi we booked private tours in advance. Contacted with local tour operators.

In all the cruise was fine - a small, clean, if tired ship with friendly staff.

There isn't much for teenagers to do so I wouldn't really recommend it for older families.

You do feel the engine and movement on this ship

Wonderful Ports

Splendour of the Seas Cruise Review by todd1

I can cope with that as long as everything is clean - which is was.

The pool in the Solarium and outside were both salt water.

In all the cruise was fine - a small, clean, if tired ship with friendly staff.

You do feel the engine and movement on this ship