3. Carnival Victory
We went on this cruise as a celebration for a group of us passing paramedic school. Boarding the ship went pretty smooth. Our interior cabin was pretty small, but expected. The crew members were all friendly and helpful. But, I found the following issues that more than likely will cause me not to go back on the Carnival Cruise line again. There was a raw sewage smell in random areas, especially some of the elevators. There were only a couple small pools on the boat and they were just way too crowded. During our "at sea" day - they drained one of the pools so it made the other pools even more crowded which didn't make sense to me. The was not many activities to do on the ship, so we got kind of bored on the sea day. Food was average - some dinners were good, others left a lot to be desired. One night, there was a crew member outside of our door at 2 in the morning and she was slamming plates and other items on her cart. I doubt she was doing it intentionally, but at 2 in the morning?! It was loud enough to wake us and our friends who were in the rooms next to us up. Another complaint I had - my girlfriend and I like it colder at night while we're sleeping. It was definitely warm at night for us. We requested a fan and was told that since the room was between 71-73 degrees, we could not get a fan. Overall, I'd rate the Carnival Victory at about a 2.5 / 5. I ended up getting a free interior room since I was a casino player and played quite a bit - but I don't know that I'll even use that since the cruise wasn't all that great. I definitely recommend Royal Caribbean over Carnival.

Sub-par Experience

Firemedic10584’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Victory price drops

Interior
Cabin 4A 9235
Small but expected. Older style TV which one would think they would at least have a nicer flat screen TV by now. Shower water was hit or miss if it would get hot. Sometimes it would just get barely warm. "KING" sized bed is just two twin beds pushed together so if you move around a lot the beds start sliding apart.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins