3. Carnival Liberty
I give 4 stars since this cruise meets all the expectations of a short, close to home Carnival Cruise. I have cruised 16 times, on 3 lines. I'm not a novice. Carnivals food is on par and compares well with Royal Caribbean and Princess. Their elective pay for restaurant was very good. Service is good, always good, but am a tipper. Folks on cruise ships don't make that much, a few tips here and there and remembering names, goes a long way. Cabins are always clean, and Carnival is a bit roomier, balcony wise than most ships. There is always plenty to do, and always the option not to do things. Since Carnival tends to be less pricey than other ships, expect clientele to be the same. Do you prefer the Four Seasons vs. a Hilton, well, the Carnival ships have some aspects of both, but the clientele will be more Hilton. This particular ship is clean, well maintained, and yes sometimes in places it's worn,but the crew is always fixing it, and keeping it up to par. I've taken 1st time cruisers on this ship to get them to experience cruising, and I always tell them the differences they will see on higher end ships. The crew is great, its fun to people watch, but honestly the only part of the cruises that is usually a bummer are the other people. I hate to see overly drunk people treating the staff like dirt, never tipping, etc. I found the bar service on this ship to be great, again, I tip. The Alchemy bar folks provide the nicest bar experience, but the other bars were just fine on service. I get the drink package, and still tip. Could this ship be refurbished, yes. Does it really impact the experience no. Great for the 1st time cruiser, particularly local to Texas. Easy inexpensive get away with someone else doing the driving!

Easy Cruise Experience out of Galveston

Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by grinchychick

grinchychick’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Liberty price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8F
Carnival balconies are pretty spacious compared to Princess.
Spa Deck Balcony Cabins