3. Ruby Princess
My wife and I saved for 5 years to book this cruise for our 25th anniversary, we had taken 10 cruises before, since getting married and we were expecting nothing but the best, since we went first class all the way, including booking the Owner's Suite. Much of the cruise was fantastic, as was the staff, and special thanks to the Captain, who did our renewal of vows, and was very personable to us and all of the passengers. The shows were very good, although too crowded to get a seat unless you arrived at least a half hour before, and the tours were reasonable, although short. The food was well prepared; although the menu is more suited for those who enjoy fish than for those who do not. There are other options, but the chef leans towards fish menus. The minor disappointments were the complete failure of the photography staff to ever come to tables at our end of the restaurant on formal nights, the lack of table entertainment by the wait staff (Little magic tricks) which are common on other cruise lines, and the lack of folded towel animals on our bed at night without asking. Little things I know, but these little things add a smile on a trip. The really big failure though was the water quality. I had expected that in booking the Owner's Suite, with the Jacuzzi Tub, that my wife and I might actually be able to spend some time in that tub, at least once in the 15 days...WRONG!!! The water that came out of that tub was filthy, and filled with brown foam. Every day, for 15 days, we asked them to clean the jets. I told them that if they could even get us one day of clean water out of the jets, we would sail with Princess again. I did not ask for compensation, I just wanted at least one day of water clean enough that my wife was willing to get in the tub and that I knew the water supply was safe for drinking and food preparation. They came, they cleaned, they left, and still the water came out filthy. According to a steward on the ship, this was a common problem with the Suites, but the environmental officer, and the corporate office deny this. My concern is that if cleaning the jets did not fix the problem, then where is this gunk coming from. Is it in the same main water supply they use to prepare food? The environmental officer says the water passes their safety tests; of course, I would not expect them to admit anything else. After stewing about this for 6 months, I finally decided to write to Princess and complain. I did not ask for anything, I just wanted to vent, and expected them to at least be sincere in their apology and indicate concern over the problem, with perhaps a statement like "We will follow through to assure this problem is corrected". NO WAY!!! All I got was that they never heard of this problem from anyone else, and if I book again with them by a certain date (About a year) that they would give me a $1500.00 credit each to me and my wife. We paid over $17,000.00 for this suite, not to mention airfare and hotels getting there, and other expenses. All totaled, over $25,000.00 for a once in a lifetime cruise, and all they can say is we will give you this small credit if you book with us again? I will never again be able to afford what we thought we would be getting on this cruise, and they try to turn my bad experience into a booking opportunity? Be warned, don't waste your money on a room with a whirlpool tub, and only drink bottled water regardless of which room you book.

Drink bottled water

gacleader1’s Full Rating Summary
Get Ruby Princess price drops

Owner's Suite with Balcony
Cabin S2 A753
Beautiful in every respect, except for filthy water in the whirlpool tub which they never corrected. If you just want to sleep and enjoy the view, there is no better cabin, but if you expect to enjoy the tub, you are wasting your money. Get a cheaper cabin and take a shower.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins