• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

mhedge
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Jul 2016
Cabin: Penthouse Veranda Stateroom

I chose this cruise for the itinerary first and the ship and cruise line second. This was my 11th cruise. What made it stand out was the friendliest, happiest, most accommodating staff of all my cruises. They often offered more than what you asked for. Contrary to another reviewer, I thought cruise director Heather Clancy was the best. She was the friendliest, most visible, and most talented of all my cruises. She even performed a whole show herself, sang at other times, and even led the prayer service!

The ship never felt crowded and lines were rare. However, it was only at about 2/3 capacity. I loved the blue and sand tones in the decorating.

The bathroom was also the best of all my cruises. The rest of the cabin had plenty of drawer space, but I did miss the walk-in closet and full window area of another luxury cruise line.

Penthouse Veranda Stateroom

Cabin PV2

The square footage and drawer space were ample. The bathroom was way above average because of the shower seat and heated floor and mirror. The refrigerator got restocked most, but not all, of the time. Our cabin steward and his assistant were the best and most visible ever. The location towards the bow was a little rockier than I expected.

Port Reviews

Bergen

The rain, which actually wasn't as much as predicted, put a damper on the experience. Norway was having its rainiest July in a long time.

Athens (Piraeus)

I probably would have given this an excellent rating if we would have been able to take an excursion. Because of mechanical failure, we arrived too late to do so. The city on the coast and water were beautiful though

Istanbul

This was one of my reasons for booking this cruise, but understandably, this port stop was canceled three months before embarkation because of safety reasons.

8 Helpful Votes