3. Norwegian Epic
It has been six year's since my last cruise. This was with royal caribbean. I found this cruise basically half the price as royal caribbean, due to single, no supplement studio cabin's. I was also pleased to receive the ultimate drink's package at the time of booking, for free. I pre-booked transfer's, from the airport at rome, to the ship at civitavecchia. The transfer took an hour by bus. There were plenty representatives from norwegian at the airport to direct you. Check in at the port was quick and i was on board within 20 minutes. I quickly found my studio cabin on deck 11 and received my suitcase an hour later. The ship is very large, but finding your way around did not take long, with interactive screen's at elevator's and signs at each level in stairways. I ate at the garden café all the time. That was a great buffet with different theme night's depending on which port you were at and plenty of ice cream you can help yourself too. This ship had plenty of thing's to do, from shopping to load's of bar's and of course the swimming pool's and flume slide's. I liked the adult's area bar spice h20 and o'sheenans for a drink, but you sometimes had to wait for them to finnish making cocktail's before you got served. One thing i noticed was, crew buying case's of bottle's of water in port and taking it on board, while guest's are prohibited and have to pay for expensive bottle's from the ship! Another thing i noticed on my last night was the pen and norwegian headed notepaper taken out of the cabin! Disembarkation went good but had to be off ship at 07:00 for transfer to airport. I feel norwegian is on par with royal caribbean but with less gimmicks and would book with norwegian again. Livorno port, italy. I got the port transfer bus to main shopping square for 5 euro return. But they offered a transfer to rail station plus ticket to florence for 50 euro. Cannes port, france. Tendered ashore after rush at 10:15am. Walked around harbour looking at mega yachts and the castle where you get great view's. Marseilles port, france. Went on my first norwegian excursion, avignon and marseilles city highlights. Avignon was very interesting but 2 hours free time a bit long. Marseilles highlights part, took us to a church on top of a hill overlooking the whole of the city. Barcelona port, spain. Paid 4 euro for a return bus transfer to the harbour front but walkable without luggage. I walked around city. There were 3800 passenger's embarking the ship here. Naples port, italy. I booked an excursion with norwegian, pompeii excavations. Guide took us around site for two hour's with a little free time to buy souvenirs. I also walked round downtown which look's a bit rough.

Great Ship With Plenty Of Ports

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Taryman

It has been six year's since my last cruise.

This was with royal caribbean.

The transfer took an hour by bus.

There were plenty representatives from norwegian at the airport to direct you.

Check in at the port was quick and i was on board within 20 minutes.

Livorno port, italy.

Taryman’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Studio
Cabin T1 11525
Single studio cabin was all i needed, just a room to rest/sleep. Plenty of hidden storage as well. Cabin was well serviced by mark.
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins