Zuiderdam Cruise Review
1,070 Reviews

holland america first and LAST!!!

Zuiderdam Cruise Review by annanoname8

• Sail Date: Jul 2016
  • Destination: the Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Standard Interior Stateroom

The choice was a back to back between Iceland and Russia July 4 through 28, 2016. Copenhagen to Copenhagen. Requested Convertible Twins. Got one king bed. Ask for two separate beds. Stewart gave me a face and said he would do it. Shower head LEAKED. Shower curtain hem covered with MOLD, curtain not connected on two top hooks. i leaned back on the curtain over bed; DUST AND FIBERS FELL OFF AND IRRITATED MY EYES. I was looking for something I dropped and found MANS SOCK UNDER THE BED.TWICE THE CABIN STEWART'S' ENTERED THE ROOM WHILE I WAS LAYING IN BED. THE 2ND TIME WITH THEIR CLEANING EQUIPMENT AND VACUUM CLEANER. THE DID NOT OFFER TO RETURN AT A DIFFERENT TIME. I HAD TO CLIMB OVER THEIR EQUIPMENT TO GET OUT O THE CABIN. July 5 or 6 there was NO A/C. Room was HOT AND STUFFY. I slept with the door open, blocked with a chair and curtain drawn all night.. Bathroom floor was squeaky with dent under the tile. I asked only for ice every day (nothing else)- No ice. I had to call 3 each week for ice. \Empty fruit basked never returned with fruit. I asked the head housekeeper "DON'T YOUR TRAIN YOUR STAFF?" No answer. i ASKED for a cabin upgrade and got a pot of flowers. I asked for a different cabin Stewart. and that I got.

The rest of the staff was indifferent and inexperienced. When food service stopped in the buffet and dining room, Only a few items were on the "dine in room" menu and the selection was very poor. Three of the serving staff ('chef"s) in the buffet were rude. MANY of the service people were not trained properly and or poorly trained in food service. The Piano and Violin & The Microsoft classes were excellent. The rest of the entertainment was mediocre. Of the several cruise companies, I've traveled Holland America is the ABSOLUTE WORST!!!

annanoname8's Full Rating Summary

Standard Interior Stateroom
Cabin M 7116

In addition to the economics, I always want an interior cabin. I feels less of the rock and roll of the turbulent sea. See above for more details.

Bike Tour

got a bike with a flat tire, never got replaced.

City Tour

one city tour guide suggested a restaurant. I was ignored - others entered the dining room got served. I was never acknowledged or served.

View All 201 City Tour Reviews

other land tours were reasonable.

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Blue Lagoon

blue lagoon changing rooms were confusing and overly congested. the wrist band would not stay on my wrist.

View All 52 Blue Lagoon Reviews