3. Freedom of the Seas
We chose this cruise to celebrate our son's 16th birthday with the intention of having a nice, relaxing vacation and that we had! The embarkation and debarkation was very smooth and effortlessly... The ship is beautiful with plenty to do (we didn't have enough time). Great for teenagers and adults mostly. My teenagers were very occupied playing basketball in the court and walking around the ship and hanging out with some friends they made. I love it that 1 am is the curfew set for these ages and they must be in their stateroom by that time as they patrol around and shoo the kids out of wherever they are lol. My cabin was 1700, included bed for 2 and a sofa bed for 2 with a very spacious area and spacious deck (balcony). We, a family of 4 fit perfectly without being on top of one another. It was kept very clean thanks to Nigel, our room keeping person. He was great! The entertainment kept us busy. It ranged from "friendly feud" game to a magician act which was amazing to karaoke openings where I landed a jury gig lol. It was very fun. Some of the singers could actually sing, the others not so much but they were good performers! Service in general was good. IMHO (in my honest opinion) the entire staff is attentive and willing to help you if you need it-just ask! Ports and excursions can be fun if planned ahead. I always plan something unless i have already visited that particular port. The excursions we take seem to really mark the kids and create everlasting memories for them so we have made it a tradition lol. Overall the cruise ship was in great condition, clean, tons to do and see. Take the time to walk around the 5th deck called the promenade...get a glass of wine and sit with your spouse or loved one on those very comfortable recliners in front of a pub called bull and bear pub. Then take a walk down to Sorrento's (which is only a few steps away) and have some free pizza :)

Just did the Western Carib 8/14-8/21

Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by Shygal122

The embarkation and debarkation was very smooth and effortlessly...

It was kept very clean thanks to Nigel, our room keeping person. He was great!

Shygal122’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 13 to 15
Ages 16+
Get Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas price drops

Plenty of space for a family of 4 (either 2 adults and 2 kids or 4 adults fit comfortably); beds however are twin sides and jammed together to form a queen size leaving dent in the middle. My husband some nights fell into the hole and woke up with back pain lol...but if you each sleep on your side and stay away from the middle, the pillows and bed are comfortable enough to allow for a restful sleep.
  Freedom of the Seas Deck Plans