3. Freedom of the Seas
We just came back from our 7 night (Labadee, Falmouth, Georgetown and Cozumel)cruise on the Freedom of the seas and we finally understand why there are more frequent negative reviews about this ship. We are loyal to Royal Caribbean, however, this was our 6th (13th overall) and probably final time on the Freedom. Staff: Room Attendant was friendly and competent, however, he was not as visible as previous attendants we have had. It was the first time that my son did not know the room attendants name. Dining Room Staff: Did a great job with our party of 11 and our beverage server (Nema) was exceptional, this is the only reason why this review received 2 stars. New staff members: We hold many conversations with the staff on board, we found that the new staff are attentive and have a genuine motivation to ensure our vacation is a good one. Casino Staff: Server Marcia was great, she always had a smile. However, all the cashiers never smiled nor did they acknowledge you when you approached the counter. Dealers did not smile or interact with you at the tables. Rest of the staff: This was by far the worst group of staff we have encountered out of all the times we were on Freedom. We were approached by one staff member to take a kitchen tour and when we politely told him we did not have time, he actually sucked his teeth at us. There are many staff who are not happy with their jobs and you can tell by the look on their faces. Many " Good Mornings" from our party were not even acknowledged by many staff. Dining: Food has been the same since 2012, to say that the quality is the same would be dishonest. I am very loyal to Royal Caribbean, but they are losing their consistency from ship to ship. We were on the Allure for March Break this year and the food was definitely much better. The dining room menu is the exact same, but the quality is not even close. Pizza in Sorrento's was horrible, crust was like a paper plate. Bread in Café Promenade was stale. Worst part about the dining was my son found long hairs in his food on 2 different occasions in the Main Dining Room. Not acceptable. Thank goodness the service was excellent. Entertainment: Has been the same since the ship first launched. If you sailed on the Freedom when it first launched in 2007, you are not missing anything. Arcade: Only 60 percent of the games worked, my son was not impressed. Internet/Wifi (Voom): No Voom to the internet/wifi. It was very slow and often kicks you out if you are not using an app. It was very annoying to have to log in every 30 minutes because the system would log you out. Not worth the money, we had the same package on the Allure and there were absolutely not problems with it, again, lack of consistency. Overall, Freedom no longer has the WOW factor. This has a lot to do with the staff of the ship. Even the cruise director looks like he is bored of the same routine over and over again. The constant selling was very annoying. It's unfortunate, because this ship was my favorite ship. I would not recommend this ship to anyone. Try Liberty or Adventure if you like this class of ship, but definitely stay away from Freedom. I really wish I had something great to say, but the only highlight was the dining room staff.

Pick Liberty or Adventure, stay away from Freedom.

Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by fishgod

Staff:

Dining Room Staff:

New staff members:

Casino Staff:

Rest of the staff:

Dining:

Thank goodness the service was excellent.

Entertainment:

Arcade:

Only 60 percent of the games worked, my son was not impressed.

Internet/Wifi (Voom):