Marco Polo Cruise Review

Great value for money if you get a good deal

Marco Polo Cruise Review by nicola78

• Sail Date: Aug 2016
  • Destination: the British Isles & Western Europe

I was a bit sceptical about my 7 night Scottish Island cruise on Marco Polo as I'd hear a few bad things about the ship, but have to say I had a great time. We chose this one based on the itinerary and were certainly not disappointed.

The food was great and there was plenty of choice. We took the drinks package at £17.00pppn and it was worth it for us, but on board prices are very reasonable if you choose to pay as you go. Our fellow cruises were a great laugh and the evening entertainment was good (quite amateurish but still good fun).The inside cabin we had was compact and comfortable with a great power shower.

We pre-booked a few excursions which were added to our cruise bill and they were all terrific. They were run efficiently and I felt they were great value for money. I certainly couldn't have done them on my own.

The only issue I had was being squashed in like sardines at dinner time and some of the staff not able to crack a smile (they are very over worked though).

On the whole we had a wonderful cruise and if the price and itinerary was right, we would definitely go again!!!

nicola78's Full Rating Summary

Cabin 2 388

Our cabin seemed to have more space than my parents next door (due to the lay out). We suffered no noise or vibration and were within easy reach of stairs/lift and the restaurant. The walls are quite thin so you can hear your neighbours if they are noisy but on the whole it was perfect. Snug but perfectly formed.

nicola78