• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

imalemon
10+ Cruises

Sail Date: Jul 2016
Cabin: Deluxe Suite

Overall I found the cruise to be mediocre. The strong features were the ports, the cabin location (mid ship) and the service. The ship was full and I was offered $17,000 for the cabin which I turned down. This was my biggest mistake made on the cruise. The weak features included the food, the dining venues, the ship itself including public areas, and the activities aboard ship during the day.

The cruise feature a large number of free cruises at each port of call. However, I did not find the tours I went on to be very interesting. I cancelled all my excursions towards the end of the cruise to spend the time walking through the very walkable towns.

The ships activities were very limited while in port. Even during the two at sea days (one created because high winds kept us from visiting the Shetland Islands) the ship activities were very limited. The food was not very inspiring. There were plenty of dining options, but I found the quality to be somewhat lacking. There were a few high quality menu items and many poor items. The specialty restaurants were not worth visiting. The embarkation was excellent, well staffed and fast. The debarkation in Copenhagen was not well staffed, slow and a bit chaotic. I found the value for the cost of the cruise to be low. I will not be sailing on Regent again. Crystal Cruises in my mind offers higher quality.

Deluxe Suite

Cabin D

Note: Regent calls cabin 938 a Concierge Suite. Overall the cabin was large and spacious. The sound proofing was poor. I could hear people passing by the door and in cabins around me. The room was in need of maintenance, especially the sliding glass veranda door.

For a video of this cabin on You Tube, use the link below for the video:

Regent Voyager Cruise Ship Category D Concierge Suite - July 16