• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Cabin: Family Penthouse with Balcony
Canada Place
Glacier Bay
Icy Strait Point

My cruise was fantastic. I can't say enough. I cruised with a friend with limited mobility. Every staff member we met couldn't help her enough. Two days before we left for the cruise an outsell offer to a two bedroom suite was sent. We accepted, of course. The biggest thing was that it had two bathrooms. Great for two women. This was a first cruise for both of us and might be the only one since we are both getting older and are retired nurses and associate professors. We spent the night at the Fairmont hotel at the airport. Well worth the money. Took taxi to port. Thirty dollars set fee. That's Canadian dollars.

There was plenty of food as good as you could at home. We were promptly seated and served rapidly. We ate early so this may account for the seating and service. We also made reservations before leaving home. Since we were in a suite we ate breakfast in Morderno every morning. Alicia was an excellent server and we asked for her every morning. I can't really comment on lunch since we only ate once. While I maintained my weight I ate great meals and certainly was real satisfied. Plus I walked many miles on and off the ship. I would give five stars to cabin steward Limbert from the Philippines. Our room was spotless and he was prompt to supply our needs. He made the best towel animals. Since he knew I especially like the animals he made two on the last day.

Previous cruisers have commented on rust. I found very little. Salt is every where, hence the rust. I like that you could view the bridge from deck 11. The curtains were open most of the time. There was thick fog one night so the fog horn was used many times that night. It me feel eerie and safe at the same time. Just part of cruising. Easy elaboration just with new people and first cruise of the season from Vancouver it was a little disorganized. Disembarked rapidly in Seattle, checked luggage in left luggage went to Pike Place and then to stay overnight by the airport. My favorite excursion was the Aleutian Ballad which is very accessible to the mobility impaired. and my favorite port was Icy Stralt Point. You can see more whales from the beach than a whale watching cruise in Juneau.

Family Penthouse with Balcony

Cabin SC

Can't say enough. Flowers, fruit, refrigerator, safe, wonderful. Small second bedroom but adequate for a fried or relative, Really not enough room for two adults. Master bath beyond words. Fancy shower and separate whirlpool bath, both we sea views. Watch yourself while in port. Bathroom also has television by bathtub and a telephone by toilet. TV's in both bedrooms and living room.

Port Reviews

Vancouver

Stayed at Fairmont Hotel. Beautiful but expensive. Excellent room service breakfast.

Glacier Bay

Beautiful. We were able to see a rarely seen area which was both exciting and sad. Glaciers are melting.

1 Helpful Vote