3. MSC Divina
PROS - International experience - This may not be the first impression you want of and international nature. It would be nice to have an international experience with a touch of southern hospitality. The fare was low, but the service was lower. I guess you get what you pay for. The decor of the ship was beautiful. CONS - All dining areas food needs improvement (no variety/selection) and taste sometimes bland. Buffet on top deck severed hot dogs, fries, and hamburgers daily. Wrapped in paper like the fast food chains, sitting for long periods, and cold just like home. They did serve pizza hot daily (mostly cheese and onions) no meat, but who wants to eat pizza for seven days in a row. Tables in the buffet area were slow to be cleaned. This was the first ship I actually went to bed hungry on. I actually looked forward to the stops so that I could get off and get a good meal. They did not have a variety of activities going on at the same times each day, which would have allowed for more choices. They had one activity at a time. This limited your choices and if you didn't want to do what was offered there were no other choices. There were two shows each night, but they were the same shows and while they were going on there was nothing else to do unless you entertained yourself via pool or casino. BOTTOM LINE: Fares may be family friendly, but the staff and crew are NOT. If you are open minded when you go; you won't be when you come back. You will have a definite opinion and be willing to share it with family and neighbors. The crew walked around as if you were not there, they did not make eye contact, and on most occasions when you ask a question they were not polite (dismissive). It will make you appreciate Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, Carnival and any other ship you have sailed on. I did try to reach out to MSC on several occasions, but no one has as of yet responded. I guess that just proves what I said previously, bottom line; MSC doesn't care.

Pros, Cons, and Bottom Line

MSC Divina Cruise Review by bsonnydaze

• Sail Date: July 2016
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Bella Balcony Stateroom

The fare was low, but the service was lower. I guess you get what you pay for.

The decor of the ship was beautiful.

bsonnydaze’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Divina price drops

Bella Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B1 9193
When we arrived there were no wash towel in our room. We had to call the desk. The same sheets remained on the beds everyday. I know because there was a spot on the corner and it was always on the corner of the sheet. I realize at home we only change the sheets once a week, but when on vacation I expect clean sheets daily.
Cupido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins