3. Aegean Odyssey
It was recommended for the quality of lectures and excursions, which I found excellent. Before the trip I was sent the wrong documents (for another passenger!) and had to wait for my e-ticket to arrive by post rather than by email which was frustrating and odd for this day and age. There was confusion at the airport and I spent a long time looking for the VTA rep who had mistakenly ticked off my name and the bus nearly left without me. The room was grubby and smelly which I discovered was caused by black mould in the shower and on the wall - even the dressing gown was stained by it. Fortunately, after some argument with the receptionist, I was moved to a better room but it was noisy at night. Sometimes the water turned brownish which left me feeling more dirty than clean. The constant soot on the Terrace restaurant was also bothersome. The staff worked very hard and the food was delicious. I particularly appreciated the convivial company of like-minded people. On the whole, I enjoyed my first experience with VTA and hope to go back provided the whole ship is refurbished. I understand this is scheduled for the end of this year.

Some good and some bad