Azura Cruise Review

Avoid the Azura at all costs. Lack of support for customers. Overflowing toilets

Azura Cruise Review by DrAnne

• Sail Date: Jun 2016
  • Destination: the Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

The Baltic is indeed lovely but I would not advise going with P and O.

The ship is attractive and the waiters and room stewards are delightful. The food is good.

However, this ship has problems.

It could do with a thorough clean. Passengers are not allowed to go onboard without a sickness disclaimer. Yet you cannot go to any restaurant without sanitising your hands. I understand from reading reviews (too late) that a noro virus attack last autumn is responsible. So why did they not take Azura out of service and clean it?

Our main problem which spoilt our holiday completely was that of an overflowing toilet. It happened the first night. Failure to help ensured that the entire cabin was flooded before the floor manager arrive and turned the stock cock off. We did expect to be moved but there were no spare rooms on the ship except two very low grade doubles. We had to take one as we could not get into the room. The thought of my shoes on the floor was awful. It took a day to dry out the room only to find that the plumbing had not been sorted. So the minute we flushed it happened again. I was told this happens a lot. So do be aware of this if you have OCD like me. It is really not nice. When we complained we were offered a £15 voucher and later a £50 refund. After going ashore, we issued a formal complaint and were offered a further £150. We paid for a balcony room so this was inadequate. The lady who dealt with our complaint was very uncaring.

Many people on the ship felt the service had deteriorated. There were no free soft drinks. The entertainment was poor. The queue to get back on the ship was long causing distress for a lady with alzheimers. Noone seemed to care.

I would definitely not recommend P and O until they clean up their act and put customers first.

I am hoping to find another company with a better reputation for customer care. It is one thing to have an overlowing toilet and another ro have no spare cabins and no staff on immediate call.

DrAnne's Full Rating Summary

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin JB Riviera

Riviera deck is great for the pool but not recommended. The rooms are small. There is no sun on the balcony.

Design Museum

Not my sort of place. No architecture.

View All 0 Design Museum Reviews
Temppeliaukio Church (The Rock Church)

not my sort of church. I prefer RC.

View All 35 Temppeliaukio Church (The Rock Church) Reviews
Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood

Loved the church but most of the trip was spent outside a portaloo on in a tourist shop

View All 210 Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood Reviews
City Tour

Loved Varsa. Loved the tour guide. Excellent

View All 141 City Tour Reviews
Copenhagen

We used the free bus which is the best way of getting round

Brussels

Surprisingly nice. Another city to vist on our own.

DrAnne