3. Norwegian Breakaway
I was very disappointed with the NCL Breakaway cruise out of NY to Bermuda. My wife and I cruised NCL once before on a 3-Night getaway to the Bahamas. Our perception of the cruise was that it was an extended booze cruise. However, we thought it was a function of the 3 night weekend cruise and not endemic of NCL. Unfortunately, we found the 7 night Bermuda cruise to be more of the same. The best areas on the ship were "adults only". The main pool which had a bar, lounge chairs and entertainment was an adults only pool so as a family with 12, 13 and 14 year old girls it didn't make sense to hang out at the adult pool. Not to mention that everyone at the pool was in the process of getting drunk. H2O on the 16th deck also had a nice water feature and deck chairs but was also off limits to kids until 7 pm. The only other pool area was hidden under the waterslide and as a result didn't have any deck chairs around it. So either the kids were in it by themselves or everyone was in it. However, the kids had no desire to go into what we referred to as the "pee" pool because it was full (and I mean full) of little kids. Lastly, the only real show was "Rock of Ages" which was extremely adult themed. The ship warned that it was for "mature" audiences but I thought they were just being safe and assumed that since it was the only show they had that it would be appropriate for my kids. Unfortunately, the show would have been rated "R" if it were a movie. Overall, the shipped was extremely crowded. I am not kidding when I say, you couldn't see the adult pool unless you walked right up the the edge because the entire perimeter was full of adults sitting on the side drinking. By 7:30 in the morning every deck chair was claimed with a towel. We were a party of 13 and required special assistance embarking and disembarking. All I can say is "thank god". It took us an hour to get off the boat and they brought our group to the front of every line. I can't imagine how long it would have taken if we didn't get the special assistance. I also booked 2 dinners through NCL's Special Events so the 13 of us could have dinner together. Both dinners started horribly as we had to argue with the restaurants to get a vegetarian meal (Cagney's was only going to give my daughter sides and salad) and Manhattan wasn't going to seat us all together. On the positive side, the crew was amazing. But I have felt that way on every cruise I've been on. And deck 8, with the indoor/outdoor bars and restaurants was very cool.

NCL Booze Cruise...not a Family Affair!

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by LUUSH

• Sail Date: August 2016
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Family Mini-Suite with Balcony
I was very disappointed with the NCL Breakaway cruise out of NY to Bermuda.

Unfortunately, we found the 7 night Bermuda cruise to be more of the same.

LUUSH’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Breakaway price drops

Family Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin M2 12834
The bathroom was huge as far as cabins go. It had a full size tub and 2 people could get ready at the same time if needed. However, the rest of the cabin was typical of other ships I've been on. The balcony was small but also pretty typical in my experience.
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Horseshoe Bay Beach
    We absolutely love Bermuda's beaches and pristine ocean. We are already planning on going back just for the beaches.
    View All 161 Horseshoe Bay Beach Reviews
  • Snorkeling
    The water was amazing, however marine life was only ok. That said snorkeling was only part of the cruise as we were also able to paddleboard, kayak and just swim in the water with a rum swizzle.
    View All 105 Snorkeling Reviews
  • St. George's Walking Tour
    St. George wasn't anything special. Visit the unfinished church if you are there but don't waste your time unless you are just passing through.
    View All 17 St. George's Walking Tour Reviews